Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

You warned me about car washes

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:33 PM
robjh22

Default You warned me about car washes

I washed my 2010 by hand only for two years, and it looked great. Still does. I learned here and on another forum never to take it to a car wash.

But I took it on its first road trip, about 400 miles. When I got home, I had quite a few bugs that needed to come off right away. Trouble was, I got sick on the trip and didn't have the energy to hand wash it. So "just this once," I went through a new car wash in town. Another guy with a Mustang was drying his outside at the time and said he had never had a problem.

Well ... it's no big deal, but the rotors scraped off some of the black paint on the deck (trunk) GT emblem. It's chrome colored underneath.

I bought a new emblem online and I'm not sure how it attaches. Worse, there's something bogus about it because the font on the "GT" is slightly too small.

I have some flat black spray paint I will try this week to cover the scratch. New emblems form Ford are over $200.

Next time, I'll listen to you guys!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:10 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

That sucks but it might just be the trunk GT emblem/faux gas cap is kind of crappy. Mine is a newer car but it doesn't exactly look mint.