Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

05’Mustang vs 05’ Vette C6

Old 01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
SA_Cobra
1st Gear Member

Default 05’Mustang vs 05’ Vette C6

Im hearing about the new mustang everywhere. Now i see the Chevy has the final design of the C6 w/ 400 thats about 50 more horses then the C5 So the GT is going to make crazy amount of horses too this is the most aswsome rivalry as of late the mustang won over the battle with the Camaro now they're going for te Vette i know their not going to take the Vette out of businessbut hey... Ford got serious now when it comes to racing i expect about 350hp atleast out of the new stangs and about 390tq this rivalry is heating up and im luving every second of it just imagine the Cobra which will most likely be a Cobra R if you think about it...95' R, 2k' R, maybe a 2k5' R(w/ a 5.4), i think this is about right and the Cobra is guaranteed over 400hp maybe 430 or something mustang run through my blood and im going to begin to save money i cant wait</P><edited><editID>SA_Cobra</editID><editDate>37989.7298958333</editDate></edited>
Old 01-03-2004, 07:44 PM
BLKSTANG9879
4th Gear Member

They are two different classes of cars, that your talkin about. The new Gt is only gonna have 305 hp. The Cobra is in the same class as the Vette. Thats gonna have over 400 horses. But thats not gonna be out until August. Know Ford just has to make a run at the Z06. THen it will be a crazy fued.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:18 PM
DontEvenTry
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BLKSTANG9879
They are two different classes of cars, that your talkin about. The new Gt is only gonna have 305 hp. The Cobra is in the same class as the Vette. Thats gonna have over 400 horses. But thats not gonna be out until August. Know Ford just has to make a run at the Z06. THen it will be a crazy fued.
</P>

While an 03' Cobra is as fast as most stock Vette's, it will never be in the same class as a Vette. Any car with a back seat is not a true sports car, but can be a muscle car. You are comparing a sports car to a muscle car, and not only that, but I don't think a Cobra can pull almost 1g of lateral acceleration.</P><edited><editID>DontEvenTry</editID><editDate>37991.554837963</editDate></edited>
Old 01-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

the mustang will always have a backseat, but that doesnt mean the cobra isnt made to combat the vette or ZO6. why do you think they are increasing the power so much?
Old 01-05-2004, 03:24 PM
DontEvenTry
1st Gear Member

I never said anything about that, I am saying it is not in the same class. A Vette will always have more class, as do all expensive cars. Vipers are in a different league than Vettes, ect. The 03' Cobra, which I have test driven, is a fast car, but it does not have the feel of a true sports car. It is, and always will be, a good drag car.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Jugador1
I ♥ Acer

i havent driven one so i dont have the experience with them like you, but i still dont know about that. not being in the same class doesnt mean theyre not competing. if they were in the same class, the cobra would cost 45k+ like the vette just to have a nice interior and handle a little better, but instead theyre like 30k and can still run with em.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:39 PM
SA_Cobra
1st Gear Member

well lest lighten a few thing up.... the cobra cant do 1g lat but in the 5.0 with good rubber and driver i think it pooled a .9 somthing close enough... as it not being in the same class well... its beating the C5 and is tail-gating the Z06, so you can have your opinion and from what i seeing and hearing the 2006 cobra will probably have close maybe the same hp as the upcoming Z06
Old 01-05-2004, 11:44 PM
DontEvenTry
1st Gear Member

Well, believe what you want my friend, but when all is said and done, it will never be in the same class period. I'm sure there are a few toyota or subaru ricers out there who can run 10's all day, and smoke a Vette or a Cobra in the 1/4. Does that put them in the same class???? I think not....end of story. As I said, the Mustang, or any car with a back seat, can never be a true sports car. And by the way, you get a lot more than nice interior and handling with a Vette. Check out some of the features of a Vette compared to a Cobra. Also look at resale values.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:53 PM
SA_Cobra
1st Gear Member

bla bla bla... well first off if motor trend is saying they giving them a run and will probably join the same class. 2nd no one said anything about the type of class i was talking about power and speed. 3rdthe vettes interior doesnt impress me at all want to talk interior and sports car then talk about the viper or gt-40 wether u like it or not the cobra is giving the vette a run for itmoney hands down. i g2g peace</P>
Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 PM
DontEvenTry
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SA_Cobra

bla bla bla... well first off if motor trend is saying they giving them a run and will probably join the same class. 2nd no one said anything about the type of class i was talking about power and speed. 3rdthe vettes interior doesnt impress me at all want to talk interior and sports car then talk about the viper or gt-40 wether u like it or not the cobra is giving the vette a run for itmoney hands down. i g2g peace</P>

</P>

Actually, if you had read, you would have noticed some people were talking about the Cobra being in the Vette class. If you are so blind to believe that a regular looking car that shares the spotlight with a V6, is as nice asa Vette, well you need glasses. I personally like the current Cobra much more than the new Mustang, as it looks like Ford went back to the 60's with the exterior and interior, which doesn't impress me at all either. See, I never compared the Vette to the Viperor the new GT (not GT40-that was almost 40 years ago) because I know they are much better performers overall, as the Vette is over the Cobra. I would love to see a Cobra try and pull 1g on lateral acceleration, but I would hate to see a nice car get ruined too. </P>

By the way, you brought up sports cars when you brought up the topic of the Vette. And to your MotorTrend article you mentioned, you said it almost hangs with a Vette. Guess what. That wasn't a Z06. It was a stock convertible vs. a stock convertible. I guess that has nothing to do with your comment about them beating a stock C5 though right? Now I know people always use the excuse that the Cobra they used was a heavy convertible, but they used a heavy Vette convertible too. Also, a Z06 is a C5 too. Here is a video of a Z06 with 440hp and a 03 Cobra with 465hp. Now, you say a less hp Cobra can hang with a more hp Vette, well look what happens to a more hp Cobra. http://cmeglow.com/Movies%20and%20Music/Z06vs03Cobra.mov</P><edited><editID>DontEvenTry</editID><editDate>37991.9259259259</editDate></edited>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05’Mustang vs 05’ Vette C6