Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Twin Turbo Cobra Vs. 850HP Evo VIII

Old 11-11-2006, 04:15 AM
EvolutionIXMR

Default Twin Turbo Cobra Vs. 850HP Evo VIII

Hey guys, thought you'd might like this vid. Clip of two extremely fast cars duking it out.
Let me know what you guys think, and keep it clean(respectful)
Specs on both cars:

2003 Twin (T57)Turbo Mustang Cobra
Sullivan Intake
Mac Catback Exhaust
XXX Motorsports Tuned
315 Hoosier Radials
...putting down 675RWHP @ 15psi, running 18psi on the vid.

2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII GSR
AMS built & tuned 2.3L Stroker
AMS Race Head
GT42R turbo @ 38psi
BFG G-Force Radials
850AWHP

Video

Original thread with more details-->EVOWNED.COM

BTW, Im new to these forums. How do I check if there are any responses to the threads I've posted in? Kinda like a subscription?
Old 11-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Twin Turbo Cobra Vs. 850HP Evo VIII

The Cobra gets a good jump but you can see the EVO has more in the long run.. Very nice..

Although, I just can't picture that 4 banger taking the power for very long and yet the Cobra will prob. run like that for 50k miles..
Old 11-11-2006, 05:09 AM
EvolutionIXMR

Although, I just can't picture that 4 banger taking the power for very long and yet the Cobra will prob. run like that for 50k miles..
And why is that? Give me a reason why a "4 banger" wouldn't take power like that for very long. I'd like you to share your technical insight. It's not like he drives the Evo at full boost ALL the time, that's what boost controllers are for ya know.
You must not know the history and reliability of the 4G63 that has been around for years. Do some research buddy.

You see, I said to keep it clean(respectful) and you have to go ahead and be the first to say something negative toward the other car. Why can't you just keep comments like that too yourself and not post anything at all.[:-]
Kinda sounds like something coming from an Srt4 forum. Sheesh!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:56 AM
01_silverbullet

that cobra pulled hard right off the go, esp. for being down almost 200hp
Old 11-11-2006, 06:21 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Looks to me like you are the one being negative newbie. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Twigbert gave props to the Evo, so relax a little.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:35 AM
pack018
1st Gear Member

holy sh*t 38 psi!!! that's some tune...lol god..!! there's a vid of a evo making over 900whp right evoIXMR.. can u look for that one.. god.. 900whp out of 2.3 L.. that's amazing..... please nobody start the domestic vs import thing thats never ending and pointless...
Old 11-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Rumblefrog
2nd Gear Member

You see, I said to keep it clean(respectful) and you have to go ahead and be the first to say something negative toward the other car. Why can't you just keep comments like that too yourself and not post anything at all.
So, by respectful, you mean there shouldn't be any criticism of the technical aspects of the Mitsubishi? There were no personal comments made, no bad language, just a theory proposed as to the longevity of the four cylinder engine.

As Chief Engineer and primary designer for a company that manufacturs Turbomachinery and uses a large number of Industrial Engines, I can tell you that small displacement, small mass engines operating at higher RPM, do not last as long as larger displacement, slower running engines. Without the thermal mass of large amounts of metal, the smaller engines tend to operate with hot spots. Since they operate at higher rpm, the wear rate of components is higher. Since inertial forces are linearly proportional to mass and proportional to the square of velocity, these forces are higher in a higher revving engine, even though the component masses are lower than those in a large displacement engine.

In day to day commuter driving, these aspects don't generally come into play - you'll see lots of Toyota four cylinders going a couple hundred thousand miles. Modern V-8s built in the last ten years, though, will also run some very high mileage. However, in hard driving, race-type, applications, the V-8 will last longer.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
txbull
2nd Gear Member

ya what he said x5
Old 11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EvolutionIXMR

And why is that? Give me a reason why a "4 banger" wouldn't take power like that for very long. I'd like you to share your technical insight. It's not like he drives the Evo at full boost ALL the time, that's what boost controllers are for ya know.
You must not know the history and reliability of the 4G63 that has been around for years. Do some research buddy.

You see, I said to keep it clean(respectful) and you have to go ahead and be the first to say something negative toward the other car. Why can't you just keep comments like that too yourself and not post anything at all.[:-]
Kinda sounds like something coming from an Srt4 forum. Sheesh!
Because 38psi is a ton of boost and 15-18psi isn't sh_t for a '03 Cobra,hence the reason the V8 will last longer.Put 38psi in the Cobra and it wouldn't last too long either IMO,though it would probably be good for 1500hp.Still,two bad *** cars!!!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

some of the best stock blocks are in imports [&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Cobra Vs. 850HP Evo VIII