Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

new website dedicated to mustang videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Mellon
1st Gear Member

Default new website dedicated to mustang videos

I've been noticing a need for a website dedicated to Mustang videos and just got it running this morning. I haven't created a logo yet but I'll be uploading videos all day. check out http://mustangvideo.vidiac.com

you don't have to register to upload but if you do then you can "manage" your videos to keep track of them.

here's how the process works:

you upload a video
vidiac encodes it into flash and windows media then makes a thumbnail
I check the site several times a day and view the queue of videos that have been uploaded. I then approve the ones that are Mustang related and not duplicates and then they are listed in the "recently added" section which I made as the default view when you go to the site

I uploaded a few I had already to get things started.

enjoy

p.s. I just got it running so I'll be working on the looks soon. If someone wants to make a banner for the site that would be great.

p.s.s if you upload a video you'll see that you have to give it a description, please, if it's your car don't make the description "my mustang" make it "forumUSERNAME" nobody know's who "my" is. thanks.

I've been asked " I have a lot of vids on streetfire and youtube. But how do i get them to your site. Do you use the same server?"

you can do it one of two ways, create an account on my site (should be able to share the streetfire one) and upload them to mine or you can upload and instead of defaulting "from my computer" choose "another web site". In another browser windows open one of your videos on streetfire.. look to the right and find the "embedded" link and copy that text and paste it in "Paste embeded player:
(myspace, google etc.)" section on MustangVideo.

now you'll need a thumbnail picture...you can right click and choose properties of the thumbnail on streetfire (not the video) and copy that link and past it in the "Thumbnail URL:" section on MustangVideo. The rest is self explanitory.

the "upload" is instant because we're just making a link to it to stream. You'll be given a link to the video which you can put in your forum posts. However, the video will not show up on the MustangVideo homepage with the others until I approve the video. This keeps people from getting away with using it as a **** host

let me know if you have any problems.

p.s this can be done from streetfire, youtube and google video, possibly others that I haven't tested yet like yahoo.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
BTRStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: new website dedicated to mustang videos

Checked it out nice web site added it to my Favorites.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 PM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

its gave me a funky user name ....

b4e93b38
Old 11-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

Cool
Old 11-22-2006, 08:36 PM