Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

ORIGINAL: JDP

ORIGINAL: Marybeth

I dont need to protect my pride all I can say is bring it to the street and we can settle it there,dont talk about it be about it. If ls1s r so bad lemme know where u live and we can meet half way.enuff said. by the way u remind me of the lame *** that spent 2000 dollars a mo in his pos t/a but he want run a KB Cobra. Some one find that vid. Or either the T/a beat by the fuggin scooter. L....S....1 = Losing to Some 1
motor city baby, not a hard place to find, next year me and about 4 fellow gm buddies will have a line of cars you can choose to race.
I want in in this action.. i would love some good f-body races. i can never seem to get anyone to run with around here.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:03 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

all im tryin to say is, yes the LS1 is a good power plant but its old technology just imagine how far GM's V8's would go if they put the technology from their 4cyl's into them.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

ok spray haters, here is a ls1 car actually on spray, and is cam only, stock untouched heads, stock bottom end, famous guy on ls1tech for bringing down you cobra lovers.

vs

04 cobra, helion turbo kit, claims 850whp

http://www.fbodyvideo.com/video/TRMI...llioncobra.wmv

looked like the cobra was pulling on him at the end there. one question though what happens when the bottle gets empty?? both sweet cars however
Old 12-12-2006, 04:01 AM
JDP
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

looked like the cobra was pulling on him at the end there. one question though what happens when the bottle gets empty?? both sweet cars however
you fill it back up, or swap in another one. all the mods in that camaro and the price of the car still cost less than the cobra did stock.

ya, he came back for a second then faded off and came back again a little then they both let off.

but hes claiming 850WHP!!!

if you want in on the racing, i hope your faster than 12.2 next year, because out of my friends, the slowest is a cam only car in th high 11s, but hes got a bottle on it now and hes doing a set of heads over winter.

you from the detroit area anyway?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

you fill it back up, or swap in another one. all the mods in that camaro and the price of the car still cost less than the cobra did stock.

ya, he came back for a second then faded off and came back again a little then they both let off.

if you want in on the racing, i hope your faster than 12.2 next year, because out of my friends, the slowest is a cam only car in th high 11s, but hes got a bottle on it now and hes doing a set of heads over winter.

I am from MN, i just got this car last may and started some bolt on stuff for this year. next spring i am looking to have swapped on a whipple or KB twin screw and at the verry least run some nitrous. my 12.2 pass by the way was on street tires and stock shifter into a hefty headwind. with just a set of dr's it'll go 11's. i will be looking for around 600 rwhp by the summertime next year. also i don't car if i get beat. i just wanna race, like i said i don't get much play around home.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

I am from MN, i just got this car last may and started some bolt on stuff for this year. next spring i am looking to have swapped on a whipple or KB twin screw and at the verry least run some nitrous. my 12.2 pass by the way was on street tires and stock shifter into a hefty headwind. with just a set of dr's it'll go 11's. i will be looking for around 600 rwhp by the summertime next year. also i don't car if i get beat. i just wanna race, like i said i don't get much play around home.
there is a place we go down to in ohio thats a secluded place to race in the middle of nowhere, there are usually some quick cars down there. but hopefully net year i will be able to run against a couple pony cars. it made me mad that i bought an ls1 and the only thing ive raced have been ls1 f-bods and 2 vettes.

600hp should get you down towards 10s. kenne belle cobras are beasts.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

thats 850whp at peak boost. he probably has an oversized turbo to reach that hp level. the maro pulls on him because well he doesnt have to wait for boost to kick in.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe
thats 850whp at peak boost. he probably has an oversized turbo to reach that hp level. the maro pulls on him because well he doesnt have to wait for boost to kick in.
we call those dyno queens.

plus nitrous cars make monster torque through the whole rpm range
Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

and if you take a look here, we dont hate on mustangs at ls1tech like you guys hate on me over here

by the way, pretty quick bolt on stang in the thread too

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622733
Old 12-13-2006, 12:43 AM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

my buddy has the same ls1 with more mods than stated and i don't lose that f'n bad. but i lose only on the highway. but not from a light, he can't get traction so i just pull. something is up with that ls1. sand bag imp f body are f'n fast, i just don't like the look or something.