Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Stang/Snow Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default Stang/Snow Colorado

For some of you warm weather guys, this is how your Stang would handle in the snow if you had to like me. Hopefully, you have it in the garage though.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

Default RE: Stang/Snow Colorado

the key there being snow tires. without those, you can get stuck on near flat ground. yer fine if youre moving, but if you have to stop for a light or whatever, time to put the hazards on and reverse it.

that said, driving a mustang in the snow is the shiz-niggle. one of the funnest experience you can have in the beast
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
kennebell92conv
4th Gear Member

i live in the north east and you can drive stangs in the snow but
Old 02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tokinGLX

the key there being snow tires. without those, you can get stuck on near flat ground. yer fine if youre moving, but if you have to stop for a light or whatever, time to put the hazards on and reverse it.

that said, driving a mustang in the snow is the shiz-niggle. one of the funnest experience you can have in the beast
I work on my drifting techniques at lower speeds. I learned the hard way to turn the traction control OFF when coming up on an area where I can get stuck. I was plowing through some deep snow and I had momentum, but the traction control kicked in and I got stuck. Since I've been turning it off when in deep snow, I haven't got stuck. I've made it through the 9th worse winter in Colorado so far. I'm proud of the stang. I saw a front wheel drive Honda get stuck in a Burger King parking lot drive through. The Stang forced it's way right through it.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Your video should answer some ?? that keep coming up about driving the Stang on the snow. Thanks for the feedback. Just waiting for the white stuff here in Northerm VA.