Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Chewing on Mustangs/Cobras

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Chewing on Mustangs/Cobras

ORIGINAL: Gone2

How long with those little engines survive that high strung?
My friends is at 55,XXX miles with 40,000+ coming with it pushing 375 whp and we drive the **** out of it.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

Evo's are extremely fast cars while modded, and to answer your question, the same ppl that buy 1990-1994 DSMs (talon and eclipse) and build fast *** cars with them. Here is a link of this Chris's newer setup making 903HP http://dsmvideo.vidiac.com/category/...7e00eccc4e.htm and for the guys for who thats not enough for here is 1041HPEvo http://dsmvideo.vidiac.com/category/...1000e0fe53.htmAnd here is a 700HP TT cobra and a 850HP evo http://dsmvideo.vidiac.com/category/...7e0092e6e0.htmThe best of both worlds and close races. So enjoy

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

yeah that evo is fast but here is my question......how many people will be buying classic evos in 40 yrs???? whos car looks sexier.....whos car is associated with the american muscle.....oh yeah and whos car was built in the us of a....it wasnt the evo....fast maybe but not american....sorry ill pass.....if im gonna spend the money of a foreign car id go with mercedes or porsche any day and if i won the lotto...ferrari or maserati...well if i won the lotto id get both and a boat load of stangs.......its neat and fast car.....but in 5 yrs wont be worth nothin.....and honestly looking at it it loks like any old honda or toyota or lexus.....very blah in terms of styling cues.....but i will give it fast and im sure id like it if i drove....i just like my stangs what can i say......i wouldnt turn down a free one...but buy one.....i doubt it seriously......id buy a used vette before i got that.....
Old 02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

looks like a big waste of money if you ask me. i would much rather take half the money spent and put it into a cobra, and make the same amount of power. no matter what, day in and day out, cobras will ALWAYS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of story
Old 02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

so you'd buy a good condition cobra low miles for 27k spend 8k on the tt system and another grand or so for tuning not to mention you still need wider tires. now, we could buy the evo for 25k and spend abot 8k on turbo, fuel support, and other small mods and be just as fast as the 800hp one shown. so your price configuration doesn't even work. DSM's have always been cheap to mod just like a fox body. i'd own both cars, prefer the stang but either way i'd drive both.

ORIGINAL: c498944484

looks like a big waste of money if you ask me. i would much rather take half the money spent and put it into a cobra, and make the same amount of power. no matter what, day in and day out, cobras will ALWAYS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of story
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

i wouldnt spend 8k on a tt set up for starters. i dont know were your getting that price configuration at. also, you will need decent tires on the evo (duh), and plus, it would just be a matter of time before you blew your dsm motor. everyone knows that. i hope your seriously not trying to compare these two cars dollar for dollar. you have to remember, there is no replacement for displacement. the cobra will always be faster dollar for dollar. thats a given. i dont even drive a cobra and i know this much.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Actually no the Evo won't blow its motor. It has forged internals and a very strong block. I don't see why all the hate on Evo's. And to people who are asking about why the roll races. Probably the Mustang owners wanted roll because they have the advantage due to turbo lag and Evo's are beasts from a dig.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

He needs to race the twin turbo GT I saw in a video here.

http://imvfilms.com/joesgttt.php
Old 02-27-2007, 10:10 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

i dont hate evos, i just speak the truth. i never said it didnt have a stout motor, but it is just mitsubushi legacy that this motor does also follow just like every car they have ever made. no matter what you do to an evo, dollar for dollar, or just all out, the cobra will ALWAYS be a much better car. the only other car that even compares is the supra as we all know... as for the nascar starts, itwas actually porably the evo drivers idea cause he is scared he will break his cheese dick drive shaft.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

wow, thats nassssssty
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: c498944484

i dont hate evos, i just speak the truth. i never said it didnt have a stout motor, but it is just mitsubushi legacy that this motor does also follow just like every car they have ever made. no matter what you do to an evo, dollar for dollar, or just all out, the cobra will ALWAYS be a much better car. the only other car that even compares is the supra as we all know... as for the nascar starts, itwas actually porably the evo drivers idea cause he is scared he will break his cheese dick drive shaft.
I really doubt this. Why would the Evo driver want to do from a roll where he is at a disadvantage? We've launched my friends Evo hard plenty of times and never had any problems. Yes dollar for dollar the cobra will probably be better than the Evo but I don't see why you feel the need to bring down the Evo by comparing it dollar for dollar with a cobra after it beat all those cobras in the video.