Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

This cop is a d!ck part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
RRStang98
1st Gear Member

Default RE: This cop is a d!ck part 2

MustangGTdude, that is the best thing anyone has said yet. I totally agree. Now granted i have run into a lot of really cool cops and they let me slide on a lot of stuff but more than a few do act like you need to treat them like a god otherwise your wrong and then they make you out to be a horrible law breaking person. They are a person just like every single otherperson on this site. The respect should be universal on both sides. Less should not be tolerated but "god-like" respect shouldnt be demanded either. Although on the cops defense i think many get the way they are because they have to deal withtoo many people who have no respect for anyone or anything whatsoever.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RRStang98

MustangGTdude, that is the best thing anyone has said yet. I totally agree. Now granted i have run into a lot of really cool cops and they let me slide on a lot of stuff but more than a few do act like you need to treat them like a god otherwise your wrong and then they make you out to be a horrible law breaking person. They are a person just like every single otherperson on this site. The respect should be universal on both sides. Less should not be tolerated but "god-like" respect shouldnt be demanded either. Although on the cops defense i think many get the way they are because they have to deal withtoo many people who have no respect for anyone or anything whatsoever.
100% agreed. That is a very valid possibility.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

for all the skaters that post in here. would you be able to explain why a lot of skaters go to areas where sometimes there's signs clearly posted saying "no skating" and skate anyway? i about pushed a kid off his skateboard mid-air at the post office cause he tells ME to watch out cause he was trying to do something off the steps. there's a sign posted there saying no skateboarding or bike riding.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

for all the skaters that post in here. would you be able to explain why a lot of skaters go to areas where sometimes there's signs clearly posted saying "no skating" and skate anyway? i about pushed a kid off his skateboard mid-air at the post office cause he tells ME to watch out cause he was trying to do something off the steps. there's a sign posted there saying no skateboarding or bike riding.
ya, that is damn annoying. No need to use violence to get them to leave though. Words can beat someone down just as fast.(If you know how to use them right. lol)
Old 07-06-2007, 05:02 PM
RRStang98
1st Gear Member

A lot of kids go places to skate full well knowing they are going to get kicked out. They usually just skate there till someone says they gotta go. But to be honest, I dont know why they do. Around here, there arent many of those signs.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

So, basically if someone doesnt treat you with the utmost respect, then your arresting them? Whats the difference if you over heard a citizen disrespect anpther citizen? How are you any different? I mean, I respect everyone, and have never been one to rebel, but I have seen an awful lot of policemen (could very well be a miniscule percentage) that act like you have to treat them like a god...and thats wrong... I've seen where a cop is screaming at an individual, and when the individual responds in a loud mannr back, he gets accused... wtf is up with that? Why should a citizen treat a cop any different from anyone else. hell policemen work for citizens, and the citizens pay their paychecks. I belive everyone should be respectful to one another no atter whop you are. but this isnt a perfect world where people do that. You cant just arrest someone for that. In the long run, what does in really do. Show them that you have bigger *****? I dunno. Im not trying to attack anyone by any means. Just voicing my opinion. I already know I'm gonna get flamed out the ***, but hey thats life. 'll go ahead and say sorry for sounding like an ignorant idiot, or a dick.
Its easy: Police Officers have discretion, at least when dealing with more minor crimes (Traffic, disorderly conduct, etc...) If you don't show any respect and are an *******, how likely do you think that Officer is going to be to WANT to use that discretion in your favor?

It has nothing to do with "Show me respect or I will take you to jail." Its more like "Show me respect or I'm not going to do you any favors."
Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

So, basically if someone doesnt treat you with the utmost respect, then your arresting them? Whats the difference if you over heard a citizen disrespect anpther citizen? How are you any different? I mean, I respect everyone, and have never been one to rebel, but I have seen an awful lot of policemen (could very well be a miniscule percentage) that act like you have to treat them like a god...and thats wrong... I've seen where a cop is screaming at an individual, and when the individual responds in a loud mannr back, he gets accused... wtf is up with that? Why should a citizen treat a cop any different from anyone else. hell policemen work for citizens, and the citizens pay their paychecks. I belive everyone should be respectful to one another no atter whop you are. but this isnt a perfect world where people do that. You cant just arrest someone for that. In the long run, what does in really do. Show them that you have bigger *****? I dunno. Im not trying to attack anyone by any means. Just voicing my opinion. I already know I'm gonna get flamed out the ***, but hey thats life. 'll go ahead and say sorry for sounding like an ignorant idiot, or a dick.
Its easy: Police Officers have discretion, at least when dealing with more minor crimes (Traffic, disorderly conduct, etc...) If you don't show any respect and are an *******, how likely do you think that Officer is going to be to WANT to use that discretion in your favor?

It has nothing to do with "Show me respect or I will take you to jail." Its more like "Show me respect or I'm not going to do you any favors."
Hmmmm, so they base their lawful decision on the way you treat them...... sounds a little unjust to me. Basucally what I'm saying is that if a cop srtarts giving you disrespect first, then you sould have all means to give back disresepect. And EVEN if you give disresepct first, that SHOULDN"T persuade them to make a lawful decision. If two poeple are breaking the law, and one person sucks up and and acts "respectful" and he gets away, while the other person acts disrespectful, and gets arrested then thats wrong imo. they both broke the same law, and you have know idea if the fiorst guy was really being genuine, or if he was feeding you BS, just to get away. Policmen, should treat all people the same regardless. Theuy should treat oall situations in a just , lawfull manner. Just my 2 cents. I'm just a stupid teenager. lol. to be honest, i havent had many run ins with police personally. I have just whitnessed them.

ps-Wow, i cant spell tonight. Sorry guys, its been a long night. lol
Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Is there any proof yet that they were skating on private property or is everyone just assuming. Alot of you guys are calling all skateboarders punks and wise asses, devil freaks, etc. I actually used to think the same thing a few years back but my 13 year old brother loves to skateboard and him and his friends skateboard all the time. Does that make him a bad person? Someone who is highly involved in school, sports, very respectful to all, etc? You cannot just steorotype, thats a big problem! Actually, I used to skate board a few years back... what does that make me? EVEN IF the kids were committing a crime I do not think the force used was necessary at all. If I were those children I would hire a good attorney and take it from there. You guys can flame all you want but IMO that cop was wrong. How would you feel if that was your 13-14 year old child being put into a headlocks and choked by a full grown man. Badge or no badge, for the crimes committed (if any) I dont think he had any right to do what he did.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:02 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

Hmmmm, so they base their lawful decision on the way you treat them...... sounds a little unjust to me. Basucally what I'm saying is that if a cop srtarts giving you disrespect first, then you sould have all means to give back disresepect. And EVEN if you give disresepct first, that SHOULDN"T persuade them to make a lawful decision. If two poeple are breaking the law, and one person sucks up and and acts "respectful" and he gets away, while the other person acts disrespectful, and gets arrested then thats wrong imo. they both broke the same law, and you have know idea if the fiorst guy was really being genuine, or if he was feeding you BS, just to get away. Policmen, should treat all people the same regardless. Theuy should treat oall situations in a just , lawfull manner. Just my 2 cents. I'm just a stupid teenager. lol. to be honest, i havent had many run ins with police personally. I have just whitnessed them.

ps-Wow, i cant spell tonight. Sorry guys, its been a long night. lol
Policemen are only humans, they cannot and will never treat everyone the same, simply because they are not perfect.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:43 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Your 100% correct.... even policeman are human but I think they are there to set examples and should be held to higher standards.

Quick Reply: This cop is a d!ck part 2