Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Speedo Calibration with GPS for 98LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 04:39 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default Speedo Calibration with GPS for 98LS1

Sorry I couldnt get it up to 155 like I wanted to do (with it being a holiday, cops are EVERYWHERE) but here is a run at 70 mph to show that it is (for the most part) calibrated with GPS. I set the cruise control dead on 70 mph and the GPS said I was doing almost 72 and we were on flat ground cruising in a straight line. So if anything I was doing over 155 the few times Ive had the ***** to do it. LOL

Hur it is!
Old 02-21-2005, 04:41 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Speedo Calibration with GPS for 98LS1

I'm d'ling the video now. I didn't mean it to see if your speedo was correct, I meant get it GPS'ed to see what your exact top speed is.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:44 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Awww... I will have to get another one made in the near future. I thought the arguement was that my speedo was incorrect due to the gear change. I told you that I got the chip from Joe and that Ive tested it before. Anyways. I will get another top speed run soon and post it up.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Where the hell did you get that thing at? That thing is awesome.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Sorry I couldnt get it up to 155 like I wanted to do (with it being a holiday, cops are EVERYWHERE) but here is a run at 70 mph to show that it is (for the most part) calibrated with GPS. I set the cruise control dead on 70 mph and the GPS said I was doing almost 72 and we were on flat ground cruising in a straight line. So if anything I was doing over 155 the few times Ive had the ***** to do it. LOL

Hur it is!
Was there a video of you goin 155 that i missed?

The magellan GPS can be purchased pretty much anywhere that sells electronics, radio shack etc
Old 02-21-2005, 04:52 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Well... its a GPS. LOL I got it from a friend at work. I was gonna go buy one like it but I just got a big screen TV and im kinda trying to save the little bit of money I have before I get paid again next week.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

We were arguing that his GT won't run 155mph with 4.10's and only 275rwhp. Maybe with 475rwhp it would, at least I think. So he made this hur vidha to prove his speedo is correct.

Now that you're on par with the story, I'm off to radio shack!

EDIT: sees price of these hur units, realizes I just spent nearly $800 on nitrous stuff....stays in computer chair.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:54 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

Hur it is!

The magellan GPS can be purchased pretty much anywhere that sells electronics, radio shack etc

Not yet. I need to get one soon though. I was gonna do it today but every where I went that had a long and flat enough straight away, there was cops all over it. So as soon as all the holiday travel stops then I will do it.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
OUZBnd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OUZBnd

Hur it is!

Not yet. I need to get one soon though. I was gonna do it today but every where I went that had a long and flat enough straight away, there was cops all over it. So as soon as all the holiday travel stops then I will do it.
Unless you are celbrating black history month, i'm not sure which holiday you are refering too
Old 02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Presidents Day....?

Quick Reply: Speedo Calibration with GPS for 98LS1