Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Corvette Z06 crashes at the drag strip racing a fast Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

This is my friend's nephew Z06 (Noah)...total loss, 80K...frame is cracked! Noah walked away with no injuries...as far as the track, I believe the track has the responsibility to make sure that lane is clear before letting more cars down...

...On a side note, the driver of the Z06 is a LAWYER.....
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

If a car blows a motor and the track staff did not burn off all the oil then I see no way they would not be liable for creating an unsafe environment. Especially since standard car insurance does not cover your car at the track.

E.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:04 PM
white04gt
3rd Gear Member

Wow. That sucks. Plus I'm sure his insurance isn't gonna cover him considering he was at a drag strip... I'd be crying if that was my car.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:15 PM
redemption
3rd Gear Member

ya i love that fox =P
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Noah had cam full exhaust and tune 565 wheels. Everything else stock he had street tires.

At the time he was NOT shifting at all, it wasn't breaking loose on him during that run so there were no driver steering corrections, the engine did not blow, the car simply made a sudden jerk to the right. There was no warning and nothing he could have done. At this time he is looking into an Active Handling malfunction. Our club driving instructors have seen the video and believe this to be the most likely cause.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:17 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

screw all the bad prep mumbo jumbo

us fox guys all know the truth, he was intimidated by mikes awesome fox... and after being out accelerated couldnt take the shame, and couldnt bear the shame of driving the car anymore
Old 09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 2k05gt
Noah had cam full exhaust and tune 565 wheels. Everything else stock he had street tires.

At the time he was NOT shifting at all, it wasn't breaking loose on him during that run so there were no driver steering corrections, the engine did not blow, the car simply made a sudden jerk to the right. There was no warning and nothing he could have done. At this time he is looking into an Active Handling malfunction. Our club driving instructors have seen the video and believe this to be the most likely cause.
Spoke with Noah's uncle yesterday...there may be a malfunction with the front right brake...seems it has happened on a few other Z06 Vettes as well
...I'll keep you updated as I here more.

Just reporting what's reported to me...
Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

either way awesome car. sad to see it go that way. no matter who it was, if it was that mustang in the left lane we would all be crying. no matter who it is, this sucks! and its jsut the risk you take racing your vehicle. and that brake locking up could have happened in this controlled environment, or it could have happened with him going down the freeway, and i think you all know what could have happened in grid lock traffic
Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

A nice lawsuit for the Chevy driver. That's why we pay entrance fees etc-- to prevent this from happening, and if it does because of the track surface, then it's not gonna be the Vette driver paying for those repairs.
However, it's sad to see such a nice car crash
Old 09-26-2008, 09:47 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Ouch that sucks.

Quick Reply: Corvette Z06 crashes at the drag strip racing a fast Mustang