Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Just another 1200hp Supra running 12's!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:09 AM
94ford5liter
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just another 1200hp Supra running 12's!

The reason most supras only run 12s with 800 or 900 hp is cause of their suspension. They are set up to be a track car, so unless you change a lot of components in the suspension they never go that fast down the drag strip, i think that is all most the people here are trying to say. It is very possible to get them faster than 12s, it just takes some work.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:14 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

*sigh* im not gonna deal with you horny homo hippos.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 AM
streetterror
1st Gear Member

My god, you know the old phrase "It only takes money"? I love these debates on highly moddified cars. If i throw enough time and money at pretty much anything i can make it go fast. What does any of this prove?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:53 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: v8musclecobra

hey jd, did you get mt streets yet??? cause just wonderin what that thing would run with the kenne bell and the streets. I wanna get a kenne bell but am scared ill reck the friggen thing. lol

I havent ran streets yet. As soon as I become more finicially stable (just started new job) then I will be hitting up the track a lot more. But there is no reason to be scared to wreck it. As long as you know how to drive then there is no reason to wreck it unless someone else hits you.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:56 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: seanjohncombs001

The reason most supras only run 12s with 800 or 900 hp is cause of their suspension. They are set up to be a track car, so unless you change a lot of components in the suspension they never go that fast down the drag strip, i think that is all most the people here are trying to say. It is very possible to get them faster than 12s, it just takes some work.

This is very true, but do you know how long it takes a 6 CYL to spool a T88? My buddy has a 331 stroker and a T76 on it and it takes a while for it to spool and this is with one of the best blower cams you can buy. So the turbo on a Supra may be getting ready to spool by the end of the quarter and it just ran the last 12 seconds basically on all motor.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

Whats with all the arguing? In the end its still a Poopra and I wouldnt touch it.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:54 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: PipsBlackStang

Whats with all the arguing? In the end its still a Poopra and I wouldnt touch it.

Most REAL car enthusiasts would say nothing of the sort. Reguardless of whether you are a domestic or foreign guy, I dont think either would pass up the chance at owning a Supra or Skyline.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:06 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sickspeedgt
i think it costs like 30k just to get them legalized, if i had the money, i would, Those are the ****
Bah. I'd take a Vette or a Saleen over a skyline anyday. 2F2F ruined that car for me. I used to like them alot until everyone around here got the idea they were the baddest car out there.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:13 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Thats one supra......One the rest are still runnig twelves and will be forever!

P.S thats a proffesional race team I hope he could run 8's he must have 30,000 in that car on top of the price of the car!Where are the 11 second street supras???Oh wait there isnt any.....Not impressed

Not that this has anything to do with this but yesterday at Fun ford weekend there was a 03 cobra motor twin turbo alumimun block motor car running 6.6 @217 will a supra do that??And people say the blocks suck..I talked with him for a while and he said he has built a couple steel block motors and they never made it off the dyno in one piece,he said they are the worst blocks there are.So I'll stick with the stang anyday.I bet he has less money in his car than that supra does
Old 08-21-2005, 05:16 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Thats one supra......One the rest are still runnig twelves and will be forever!

P.S thats a proffesional race team I hope he could run 8's he must have 30,000 brand in that car on top of the price of the car!Were are the 11 second street supras???Oh wait there isnt any.....Not impressed

Not that this has anything to do with this but yesterday at Fun ford weekend there was a 03 cobra motor twin turbo alumimun block motor car running 6.6 @217 will a supra do that??And people say the blocks suck..I talked with him for a while and he said he has built a couple steel block motors and they never made it off the dyno in one piece,he said they are the worst blocks there are.So I'll stick with the stang anyday.I bet he has less money in his car than that supra does

Now see, thats just talking out of your *** now. Obvisously you missed this video. Here are two more and im positive there is many more running 10's or better that neither of us know of. As you can see the one in the left lane got a bad jump and still ran an 11.2. To bad, so sad.

Here it is!

Quick Reply: Just another 1200hp Supra running 12's!