Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Mustangs VS Cobalt SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:24 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs VS Cobalt SS

ORIGINAL: 757GT

What mph roll was it? A GT auto has nothing from 40 whether it has gears or not. If that was a 40 roll I would believe it. From a REAL RACE and not the ricer roll the GT would have owned. You ricers need to understand that rolls belong in a BAKERY not on the street.
I prefer a roll, as I get zero traction off the line
Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
codyss

Why is it that 90% of the posts here that talk **** about the SS are made by people who I could beat in my slow little Cobalt SS.

It doesn't matter what the roll mph was a Cobalt SS will kill a 99-04 GT from any mph. Except for under 30mph because then I just spin through first and second.

Face it a GT cannot compete with F-Bodies, Maximas, Altimas and now Cobalt SS's.

Hmmmm, Now I remember why I sold my GT.

What excusses are you all going to have when you run into a Stage 2 Cobalt SS?

Old 12-03-2005, 02:19 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: codyss

Why is it that 90% of the posts here that talk **** about the SS are made by people who I could beat in my slow little Cobalt SS.

It doesn't matter what the roll mph was a Cobalt SS will kill a 99-04 GT from any mph. Except for under 30mph because then I just spin through first and second.

Face it a GT cannot compete with F-Bodies, Maximas, Altimas and now Cobalt SS's.

Hmmmm, Now I remember why I sold my GT.

What excusses are you all going to have when you run into a Stage 2 Cobalt SS?

Buddy, I run 13.3, I could smoke everything in your list and so can a 2 valve. I can't take many LS1s and the 2v cant take to many f bodies but mid 14sec Cobalt IS NOT FAST. Mustangs trap higher which would indicate them being better from a roll. Stop using your ricer I spin too much excuse. Learn to drive my brother has an SRT-4 and he doesn't spin because he actually knows how to drive his car. You sir are the first dumbass Cobalt SS owner I have seen. Every other one I have talked to is very knowledgeable. I guess there is an idiot in every crowd. Maximas and Altimas are mid to high 14s. You are clueless.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:25 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

how did the cobalt go from being a low 15 car to a mid-low 14 car? i just don't get it. again, you say it's fair game for a mustang, but what about an srt4? a mustang can beat an srt4 but not a cobalt. the srt4 is capable of high 13s. how is your magical cobalt a freeking GT killer? i guarentee you if you go to a track and there were stock cobalts there, you'd be more likely to see them putting down like a 15.2 than your, i guess constant mid 14s. meanwhile, stock GTs will be more likely to run like a 14.3 all day. you must be one hell of a driver to run that mid 14 all the time any time.

i would really LOVE to see you beat my car from a dig or from a roll with your basically stock GT cobalt killer.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

One local guy here ran 14.4 with a bone stock Cobalt SS. It can be done but it does not happen very often. Nanaki, you better watch out though your stock GT will get owned bro the cobalt is teh fastest in the world.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:34 PM
ColdStang
2nd Gear Member

A little confused, a Cobalt isn't a Ricer (American made), sooooooo what up with all the ricer comments?? Hmmm all this talking trash makes it stink in here. Maybe someone with a Colbalt like that should run a few 1/4's and post the slips. Then we can see. Why can't we be friends? lol [sm=massbounce.gif]
Old 12-03-2005, 02:51 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 757GT

One local guy here ran 14.4 with a bone stock Cobalt SS. It can be done but it does not happen very often. Nanaki, you better watch out though your stock GT will get owned bro the cobalt is teh fastest in the world.
damn. i better get somethign better than my twin turbonators.

i wasn't saying it couldn't be done, i said it's possible. but again, you have a better chance of seeing them run some low 15s or maybe high 14s all day than a 14.4. just like you have a better chance of seeing a stock GT run 14.3 than seeing it hit that magical 13.9XX.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:00 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I agree with you, most of the ones I have seen on video or heard about run 14.6s to 15.3s. People really underestimate the 99-04 GTs.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:07 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

um yea... i kow 100% that thats not what the stock blower sounds like and i raced one LAST NIGHT.......dont lie about that kinda stuff cause thats not what the stock blower sounds like at all..... and the funny thing is ... i have a basically stock 91 hatch and i kept up with him most of the way then he beat me by like a car and a half or so.... they are not fast and neither is my car ..... for what u payed for that thin im pretty sure you could have picked up sumthin way better
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 PM
simpsvt97
1st Gear Member

alright..let me get this right...supercharged 4 cyl. running average low 15's right....WOW...my buddy has a Integra w/ a JDM b-18c1 (GSR motor) w/ a few mods...and ran 15.0...15.1...all motor....hhumm...sounds like that supercharger doesnt really boost that 4 banger all that well...but idk..lol

ohh...the 14.4 or whatever time slip...guys..must have been a WEDNESDAY motor...haahhahahahahaha..

Quick Reply: Mustangs VS Cobalt SS