MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive - Mustangs For Sale (https://mustangforums.com/forum/archive-mustangs-for-sale-37/)
-   -   70 fastback restomod/pro touring sale/trade (https://mustangforums.com/forum/archive-mustangs-for-sale/323739-70-fastback-restomod-pro-touring-sale-trade.html)

steersdad 07-28-2007 09:51 AM

70 fastback restomod/pro touring sale/trade

70 Mustang Fastback Restomod or Pro Touring . Sale or TRADE?????

I've been working on my 70 fastback for many months. At the ripe old age of 55, I foolishly decided to change jobs. I’ve been working my behind off, and am constantly on the road. As a result, the probability of me ever finishing my dream car will likely never come to pass.
Stop now if you are looking for an "original, numbers matching" car. This ain’t it. The car was a 351, 4 speed car originally. All of the original drive train is long gone.
I own an 06 Mustang coupe, and absolutely love it. I planned on building a "reverse-retro-restomod" out of my 70. Ford made the new Mustang with retro looks, and modern components, and I was out to do them one better.
I bought the body from South Carolina. It is nearly perfect. It has flares, looks like the 70 Trans Am cars. Virtually no rust anywhere. It’s been painted in and out Grabber Blue, but the clearcoat was never applied. I was going to paint it silver, with black stripes.
I have installed a rack & pinion kit and NEW front discs & master cyl, and conversion kit. New spindles, and every piece of the suspension & steering is new, front & rear. Subframes tied. It has the Shelby drop and 1" lowering springs in the front, and 1" lowering springs in the rear. Sway bars front and rear and KYB shocks. Also has an IDIDIT tilt steering column. All the old original parts have been recycled.
Rear is a Ford 9" with 3.50 limited slip and drum brakes. A spare 9" housing is included, along with an 8" complete rear end.
Transmission is 4 speed toploader with a Hurst shifter, aluminum bellhousing and hydraulic clutch assembly. Driveshaft included.
Front & rear seats are included, but they need reupholstering. Have a crummy dash pad and a lower dash. No instruments.
There is no fuel tank. The tank area is boxed for a fuel cell.
All the glass is good, door windows go up and down.
The engine is a modified 5.0 with EFI. It now has a MAF conversion. It has a nasty cam, 70 mm throttle body, Edlebrock intake, and more. I drove the car that it came out of and it smoked the tires like stink, but it didn't run well because it still had the Speed Density computer, and only 1 O2 sensor. The engine is on a stand in my garage. It was represented to me as being a 347 stroker, but I never checked.
Also included is a 69 351 block, which has been bored +.040, including crank and heads. No rods, pistons, cam gear. All the spare parts I have will be included.
I have well over $10,000.00 in this project, as all the replacement parts are NEW (excluding engine/transmission/rear).
I will consider trades, but can’t consider any projects. If I had the time for a project, I’d finish this one. I’ll trade UP or DOWN, regardless of the cost, if your car is interesting and desirable to me. Meaning if your car is worth more than mine, I’ll add cash. If yours is worth less than mine, you’ll have to add cash.
I’m interested in Mustang Cobras with IRS. Also 2005 & UP Mustangs, any engine/trans. Any newer Dodge with the 5.7 Hemi. Ford Fusion with all wheel drive. 98+ Jeep Wrangler with Automatic and hardtop. Restored VW Karman Ghia. Restored Porsche 911 Targa. Restored Porsche 912. Restored Porsche 914. Restored Bugeye Sprite. Restored VW Westfalia. Or, anything interesting, complete, restored, and in driving condition.

Hi,
I've been asked for the VIN: 0F02H185440.

See my eBay ad item # 330151210281

svtwiltse 03-31-2013 12:00 PM

How much are you asking for it and where are you located

Waffles 04-03-2013 03:28 PM

thread revive! LOL

Rustymopar 04-25-2013 11:34 AM

His classified is 6 years old.

Hamidar05 04-26-2013 10:07 PM

I got sucked in!

1slow67 04-29-2013 01:13 PM

I'm just hear to add to my post count. :D