Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

FS: 1966 Mustang fastback, 2+2, 4 speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:13 PM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

Default FS: 1966 Mustang fastback, 2+2, 4 speed

I am selling my 1966 Mustang fastback. It is a 2 + 2, 289, 4 speed toploader car. I have about $26,000 invested in the car and needs minimal work. The car is red with parchment interior. Here are the listed parts of what the car has: Holley 750 cfm vacuum secondaries (manual choke), Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap intake, Holley mechanical fuel pump and regulator, S&B air cleaner, MSD pro-billet distributer, MSD blaster 2 coil, MSD spark plug wires, MSD-6AL ignition box, Hooker super competition ceramic coated long tube headers, custom exhaust which includes 2.5 aluminized tubing, Magnaflow x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, stainless exhaust tips, Northern aluminum radiator, HURST shifter, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, McLeod clutch and pressure plate, 620 front coil springs with 2 inch drop, 5 leaf reverse eye rear springs ( 1.5 drop), KYB shocks, 17x7 American racing TT 2’s (front), 17x8 American racing TT 2’s (rear), new rubber all around, tint, Sony radio, Pioneer speakers, The car has no power steering, and no AC. The car needs to be repainted as there are flaws in the paint. I purchased the car already painted and was going to repaint the car when I was done with the work the car needed. The car has a few cracks in the paint and the speedometer just went out last week. I have driven the car 200 miles one way (several times) and the car works and rides beautifully. I want to be completely honest with the car and that is why I am mentioning all flaws. The car will go with extra parts that are brand new in the box. These parts are: new comp cams extreme energy camshaft w/ lifters, new double roller timing chain, and a new HURST pro-shifter. I have a used (less than a year) Speed Demon 650 cfm carb (electric choke) that will go along with the car. I took that carb off due to the camshaft that I was going to install. The car is running a little rich due to the bigger carb but I can easily re-install the speed demon carb if necessary. I would like to note that I DO NOT race this car but I wanted the best parts and a muscle car sound to accompany such a beautiful car. The ONLY REASON for selling this car now is I am relocating within two months due to my job transfer and I have no where to keep the car. I do not want the added worries and need to sell this car before I leave. I really hate to see it go and I may regret this in the future but I have no other choice. My loss is your gain. A simple paint job will dramatically increase value. Like I mentioned earlier, I have over $26,000 invested in this car NOT including labor!! I will sell the car for $20, 500 OBO. Serious inquiries please! I can be reached at (956) 251-6512 anytime and any day. Thanks for looking and do not hesitate to call. I more that willing to answer any questions and I am willing to HELP on the transport of the vehicle if need to be.