Year: 1966
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $1
Mileage: 100
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): MI

This is a 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe. I bought this car to build for my wife to match my 70 Fastback, but it just isn't practical for us right now.

I have built several Mustangs over the past couple years, and this one is by FAR the most complete, solid project I EVER had. This car is originally a rare combo of Raven Black with a dark Red interior, which was exactly what my wife was looking for. The previous owner painted the car red for his son, but they decided to get rid of it.

The inline 6 cylinder 200 CI engine has been rebuilt less than 4000 miles ago and fires RIGHT up. Car runs and shifts EXCELLENT. Battery was dead when I went to move it from my apartment to it's current residence, but the battery is being charged and the car runs excellent. The three speed has also been rebuilt and shifts great, and has a Hurst Shifter.

The body is extremely solid, with a recent paint job. The paint is about a good 5 footer, but it is an amateur paintjob. Could use some wet sanding and another coat of clear. There are a couple small dings like door dings on the body, but there is almost no rust or bondo to speak of.

The floorboards, framerails, and torque boxes are all extremely solid and the body is an excellent starting point for anyone looking to make a showcar, or perfect as is for a driver quality.

The interior is pretty much original, with new carpet. The car needs a new headliner, so I got as far as removing the front and rear windshield moldings, but the windshields are still in, and i havent replaced the headliner yet. The original seats are in Great overall condition. The Previous owner cut into the dash for a CD player and there are a couple scratches on it because of that. Overall the interior is pretty sound and in good condition

The car runs and drives good, the brakes could probably be gone through, but everything else mechanically is pretty sound. The car also needs an exhaust kit. About $150 from NPD. It has a brand new fuel tank.

The car really only needs a few small things to be absolutely complete. I have a couple of extra boxes of parts for this car that will, of course, go with it. I will go through and put the car as much more together as I can in the course of the sale. I will be installing door sill plates and the shifter boot and bezel, and the door handles/armrests and cranks. There is one hold about half the size of a dollar bill in the bottom of the trunk at the bottom where it meets the quarter panel, at the trunk drop off. I was told by my bodyman this was an EXTREMELY easy fix.

I am able to work out shipping on the car at buyer's expense, and can potentially trailer it myself for a cost if the buyer is interested.

Asking $4500 obo. Located in Detroit.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, via email or calling.

Last edited by Waffles; 02-23-2018 at 07:21 AM. Reason: SOLD