Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

View Poll Results: What color should the exterior body of the mustang be?
Black
40.00%
Silver/Gray
20.00%
Blue
40.00%
Red
0%
Green
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

I need Advice on Buying a 2005-2007 Used Mustang GT Coupe please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

Default I need Advice on Buying a 2005-2007 Used Mustang GT Coupe please!

Well after being registered here for almost 4 years (I think), I'm turning 17 and should be getting a Used 2005-07 Mustang GT Coupe from my dad's auto business. It will be manual, and a coupe, but other than that I'm not really sure on what it would be.

I need advice on what to look for when buying the mustang from a car auction, I would like advice on how many miles I should look for in this car, what year it should be (out of 05,06,07), what a good price to be this car would be, and also opinions on things such as:
color of exterior car
leather/cloth seats

and any other opinions are welcome!

Last edited by silvermaster92; 11-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

if you get blue get Windveil Blue It was discontinued after 08 and not very common. I like all colors but some are just so common. (black, white, kona blue...bleh)
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

Hey guys, advice is much needed and appreciated also! Thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Stay away from an 05 at an auction. They had the most problems and it may be difficult to track down if a TSB was actually performed on a car for a specific problem.
Depending on where you live Leather may or may not be a good option.

I live in AZ and Leather was NOT a good option for me (lesson learned). I've owned my car for 18 months and have about 16K miles on it. So, about 1K a month or 12K a year is average.

Color of exterior is really your choice but Black and White are the hardest to take care of. Black especially will be the hardest to keep clean and if it looks like crap at the auction, be prepared to do a lot of detailing (professional) when you get it to clean it up. Hot is also the hotest so again, in AZ i would not recommend it.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

I live in florida... quick question..why would leather not be a good option?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

STicky and HOT HOT HOT when it's 110 outside. FOr Florida I would think leather would not be a good idea because of the humidity. STicky sticky sticky.

Also, since you are in florida, be sure to check the Trunk for flood damage. I say check in the trunk because most people that fix a flooded car neglect to thourougly clean out the trunk. Don't be afraid to look under the trunk floor and check the spare tire well. Any mud or heavy dirt in the trunk should be taken as flood damage and passed on.

ANother place to look is behind the passenger kick panel door. There an electrical junction there. If it has any kind of dirt, it's probably flood damage.

Last edited by Derf00; 11-03-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

what would the flood damage look like in the trunk?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

IF your looking for a car, you can buy mine? I know u said that ur dad has some cars, but your not going to find one like mine. Where in Fl are u located?

For Sale: 2007 Ford Mustang GT. 38,xxx miles

$22,000

Visual Modifications
CDC Shaker Hood ( Functional Hood Scoop )
Front Splitter
CDC Rear Duck Tail spoiler
Magnaflow Side exhaust
Black Shelby Performance 20' Bullit wheels

Performance
C&L Cold Air Intake
Brenspeed 93 octane Tune (Handheld Tuner will come with the Vehicle)
Hurst Short Shifter with White Ball including 5-Speed pattern
Mac Long Tuber Headers with O/R prochamber mid-pipe
Ford Racing 4.10 gears

Thanks

Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

WOW! That is a BEAUTIFUL stang! Man, I would LOVE to have that, but to be honest, I just don't have that much money at the moment.... But thanks anyways!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

here is what I looked for, its always better to buy a car that has low enough miles and is new enough to still have some factory warranty left. that way you can get whatever you need fixed for free, in the mustangs case, 3yrs or 36k bumper to bumper or 5/60 on the powertrain, if you are within that you are golden on most issues.

locally a guy had a low mile 06 gt for sale, it looked great,however upon closer examination it had a leaking shock, an oil spot was on the concrete where it was parked, one of the headlight assembly brackets had been broken and melted back together, behind the drivers headlight some of the metal had been bend and straightened, indicating the car had been wrecked at some point, it had 26k miles on it, original tires where long gone and the replacements where already at half tread. he said his high school age kid drove the car, that was really a deal breaker for me, because when I was in high school I know what I did to cars, its little things to look for that give an indication on what kind of life a car has had, its amazing how much this can vary from car to car, I passed on the '06 but ended up buying an '07 with 15k MORE miles on it, however I am confident even though the miles are more this car is in way better shape.

as to what to get, don't get light silver, look around light silver is probably more common than white these days, also the '05 and '06 models likely came with 3.55's which is a much better gear ratio than 3.31's ie '07 and later

colors I like
candy apple
dark silver, it has a slight hint of purple, that is what I bought
vista blue,
black,

and of course all of the above with black leather interior, normally I don't like black however on these cars it just fits.

Quick Reply: I need Advice on Buying a 2005-2007 Used Mustang GT Coupe please!