New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to MustangForums

Old 03-06-2006, 04:24 PM
jonnyslick
2nd Gear Member

Default New to MustangForums

hey guys and gals,

my name is jonnyslick and i'm new to these forums. i've read these forums for years and have known about you guys, just never posted ... but now that i've gotten another 5.0 i think i will now. first off, i've been into racing my entire life (mostly local circle track and 1/8th mile stuff along with SCCA and grassroots auto-x). i'm a huge car nut at heart. everything from german cars (my first car was a 1974 bmw), to japanese cars, to old american iron ... i love them all. if it's well build, well designed and thought-out, then it will normally get my respect. i'm now on my 3rd 5.0 (all coupes) and i'm glad to finally have another in my garage. i just picked up this 1992 5.0 coupe last week and i hope that i'll never be without another. my first coupe was a 1985 that i picked up from a U.S. Marshall that was my neighbor at the time. my uncle and i completely rebulilt the motor with a B303 cam and eldelbrock intake and carb and FMS headers and exhaust. put in new monroe shocks and sturts and some Jamex springs. dropped in some 3.73 gears, re-did the interior (new carpet, headliner, and upholstery) and had it painted House of Kolor Kandy Apple Red over a Glasurit Shimeron Silver base (at the time i worked at a body shop). then 3 month out of the paint shop and completely finished i was racing a VW rabbit up in the mountains of NC and took a corner too fast and ended up in a ditch (i was 18 at the time ... and learned an important lesson). so i sold was was left of that car, then i was back into VW's and BMW's for a while, then after about 3 years (around 2000) i got me another 5.0 coupe (a 1988 one) the was an ex-FHP car. it had seen better days, the interior was fairly worn from the FL sun and heat. the previous owner had "slammed" the car via cutting the springs, and it had off-road H pipes with 2 chamber flows and dumps on it. i kept it for about a year then sold it when i started getting into drifting (this was back when it was new and not every ricer on the streets was doing it). so for the past 5 years i've been into drifting. i've had mazda roadsters with complete coils, to RB'ed 240's and even my WRX. i'm the site administrator for www.driftcentral.com and have worked hard over the last 5 years to promote drifting here in the states and set up local events and such. for the past two years i've been running my company www.RevLimitPerformance.com importing cars and parts from Japan (usually at a loss LOL)... but honestly ... i'm just tired of the scene and sick of everyone and their brother "being a drifter" ... so i sold my S13 coupe last week and picked me up my newest ride my 1992 LX coupe. it's a medium/light blue metallic (not sure name of the blue just yet), and is completely stock ... not a single mod to it. the interior is very clean and it's a south-west car it's whole life. i paid a bit more than it's actually worth ($4,200), but i was really wanting another coupe, so i'm ok with it. anyway, i stop rambeling now, i'm sure you all will see more of me ..

jonnyslick. [8D]
Old 03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Billywrd
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New to MustangForums

Damn you're long winded lol. I can see how you became an administrator lol j/k. Welcome and post pic's. We all like to see new rides. Have fun
Old 03-06-2006, 10:52 PM
jonnyslick
2nd Gear Member

^ thanks here are some quick pics of me and my car ...

[IMG][/IMG]

yes i like guns ... yes i like cars ... yes i sometimes get bored with my digital camera! hahaha....

Old 03-07-2006, 01:57 AM
MustangJessica

welcome!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Welcome aboard slick
Old 03-07-2006, 03:41 AM
BlkWidow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jonnyslick

Nice looking 'stang you got there. Are you planning on keeping her stock?

Hope you enjoy the board!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:34 AM
jonnyslick
2nd Gear Member

^ well honestly before i went to see the car i was already planning how to "molest" it with engine and suspension mods. but once my wife and i saw how clean it was, now i really hate to do too much to it. it does need new shocks, so i'll prob. also put some springs on it when i replace those, and then the normal intake, exhaust, and gears and i'll prob. be done with it. i don't want to get too crazy with it.

so ... i'm actually in the process of looking for a 4 banger coupe that i'm basically wanting to take down to the shell and come back with.

also ... how do i post a bigger pic of it!?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:13 AM
BlkWidow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jonnyslick
^ well honestly before i went to see the car i was already planning how to "molest" it with engine and suspension mods. but once my wife and i saw how clean it was, now i really hate to do too much to it. it does need new shocks, so i'll prob. also put some springs on it when i replace those, and then the normal intake, exhaust, and gears and i'll prob. be done with it. i don't want to get too crazy with it.
so ... i'm actually in the process of looking for a 4 banger coupe that i'm basically wanting to take down to the shell and come back with.
also ... how do i post a bigger pic of it!?
Very cool that you're going to leave her basically stock. Finding one that's unmolested is so rare nowadays. If you get a 4-cyl will you drop a bigger engine in it? If so, what?

As far as the pic goes, head over to the chop shop section & ask the guys there. There are restrictions on the size of pics (if you're planning on putting it in your sig, that is) and they can tell you more about it.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:14 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

hey man howz it goin?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 AM
jonnyslick
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlkWidow

Very cool that you're going to leave her basically stock. Finding one that's unmolested is so rare nowadays. If you get a 4-cyl will you drop a bigger engine in it? If so, what?

yeah ... i was soo suprised when i saw the condition of this car. i mean i hate to even tint the windows ... but it's really a must here in i las vegas.

if i find me a 4-banger some time this year i really want to drop in the MM torque-arm suspenision and upgrade to SN95 (cobra) disc's all around. handleing and suspension is really important to me. for the motor, i'm still in the air ... maybe a mod swap (but i hear they're very hard) ... or ... maybe just a nice turbo'd 5.0. basically if it has around 400hp and is very rev-happy with GREAT handeling and braking ... i'd be in heaven! LOL

ORIGINAL: BlkWidow

As far as the pic goes, head over to the chop shop section & ask the guys there. There are restrictions on the size of pics (if you're planning on putting it in your sig, that is) and they can tell you more about it.

thanks for the tips, i was actually just meaning how to upload a larger pic of my car that's better for everyone to see .. i'll try the chop section though!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to MustangForums