New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking at getting a 'Stang... what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 PM
nexusvox

Default RE: Looking at getting a 'Stang... what to get?

LOL

You sound like you are in the same boat I was about 6 weeks ago.

I had convinced myself that I didn't want to spend more than 20,000 ish and that a V6 was going to be fine, as sweet as they are who could complain? Well, long story short i took home a beautiful legend lime V6 and loved it. And promptly drove it back to the dealer one week later and traded it in for a GT!!!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking through the whole process, but I do know that I ultimately made the right choice. I have never been so happy to get behind the wheel, hell just to stand there and look at it is better than driving any other car I have had. The new V6 is a fantastic car, however nobody ever regrets getting the "best". You like the looks of the new model, but you want the power of the old models, so you need to justify getting the best of both worlds. GT GT GT. You can rationalize the cost in many ways. Resale value is higher usually for 1. You also will never have to say "no, its not a GT its a V6, but it is a BIG V6." or "I didn't want to pay for all the gas" or any of the other "reasons" people give. Notice I didn't say "excuses" because there is no need for excuses when you have a new mustang anyway. They are all sweet. I guess I am just trying to say that if you can find a way to make it work... you will not regret it. I am feeling a little tight in the wallet - but I am not complaining. I think its a good motivation to quit smoking - that will pay for all the extra gas I can burn right there. Priorities my friend.

Anyways - just wanted to save you from doing what I did, and having to eat the depreciation of your 1 week old trade in on top of the additional cash down and higher payment. Just get the GT in the first place.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:04 PM
COMPMACH
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking at getting a 'Stang... what to get?

Its all in what you like or can afford.I really like my 95 gt but if i could afford a newer stang i'd shoot for the 03-04 cobra.Those cars are like rockets.