New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to this forum, not to mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
quikstang2

Default New to this forum, not to mustangs

Hello all,
I'm from South Florida and I have two 1984 Mustangs. My first one is a 'vert. I'm hoping to make it a streat legal road car from hell. So far the plans are loosely 660 big block(mid-engine), C6 w/overdrive paddle shift, and of course a 9" rear. Also getting rid of everything convertable about it and going to attempt to turn it into a fastback(obviously some quarter panel hips will be included). It's red now, going to be ultra dark green or british racing green in the future.
I also have a coupe 3.8L. Got it dirt cheap with a blown rod bearing and I just tossed the dead motor and dropped in the 3.8L from the 'vert. I'm thinking about tossing that motor, putting in an I4 and converting it to manual(if you're dumping a good one let me know). I'm sick of automatics. Like any old Florida car, it's rusted to hell so I gotta fix all those holes. I put salvaged doors on it because the originals were beyond gone. I have a new interior for it, just waiting to get the holes in the roof and floors sealed up before I install it. This will be my daily beater so I'll probly stick a decent sound system in it and make the interior somewhat bearable to look at and that'll be the extent of the mods...maybe an '83 GT hood bubble too. This one is also red and I'm probably going to make it all black, inside and out...maybe just flat black.
No pics of either yet since there's nothing to look at yet.

Any tips, help, parts hook ups are greatly appreciated.

look forward to being part of an awesome forum,
mike
Old 05-01-2006, 01:19 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New to this forum, not to mustangs

Welcome to the forums, and best of luck on the project.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New to this forum, not to mustangs

welcome to the forums good luck