New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 02:23 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello from the UK

Hi netlang,
Nice choice in cars, glad to see people in other countries appreciate something "American". You must have some serious coin to
operate one of those in the UK....was gonna ask, I realize side indicators are necessary in Britain, but are those tail lights required
because of the need to have amber turn signals? I've never seen that style of tail lights before.....looks factory.....our tail lights are soild red w/ white reverse lights on bottom inner edge. Look kinda cool in a different way. As they say in England, Cheers![sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 AM
netlang

Default RE: Hello from the UK

Hi guys,

I only use the Stang at the weekends. Gas is around $8.775 but worth it or the ride. I had the rear lights replaced because we have to use orange turn signals and the reversing lights are converted to add an orange bulb (I think this does not look very good) so my lights have a clear centre column for the turn and reverse, the outer red is stop/tail and the inner red is for fog. In the UK we have to add white (parking lights) so I changed the fronts for the Angel Eyes which look cool and menacing.

The cost to purchase the car, import it to the UK (including taxes + VAT) and then a SVA test (government test) is around $53000 (GBP 28000) - so you see we really have to like the cars to purchase one as they are very expensive compared with the US