New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forum from MA

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:39 PM
DragonOfBC
1st Gear Member

Default New to the forum from MA

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a 2003 Mustang GT Convertible-5sp. and had been looking for a good community to join. I browsed through the sections on this forum and am thoroughly impressed. Just wanted to introduce myself.

About 6 years ago, through a friend of an aunt, I got to drive a 1967 Shelby GT-500 and have been completely hooked on cars ever since. Until about 3 weeks ago, I was driving around a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (turbo, all-wheel drive). I loved the car but it was such a pain to work on. I had done some modifications (turbo swap being the big one) but when I tried to change the timing belt, I ended up destroying the valves. I'm rebuilding the head and then selling that car but in the meantime, I've been getting used to my GT. So far it's been great. I drove it from FL (parent's home) to Boston (my home) and it was a pleasure.

I'd like to get into modifying it for straightline speed but not yet. I don't quite have deep enough pockets or a means to work on the car to really get into it. I also got a 3rd party extended warranty that will last me 3 years and about 38k miles which I don't want to accidentially void. After dealing with all the problems I was having with the Eclipse, the warranty is like a golden ticket.

I've got a few pics of the car.

Pic 1

Pic 2