New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings from the East Coast of Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
jody

Default Greetings from the East Coast of Canada

Hi All ! My names Jody from New Brunswick- and recently acquired a 1987 Mustang 5.0 GT. It definitely isn't a trailer queen, by any means, but its a pretty solid and good working platform for a street cruiser. I spent the first couple of weeks; a couple hours a night after work- just going over the car re-installing screws and bolts in the body that the former owner for whatever reason didn't put back on. Aligning the headlights, fixing exhaust leaks, etc... interior lights, panels. A lot of little stuff. Made a homemade intake out of ABS, as the original was held in place with wire, old shoddy clamps, it was a mess. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor battery hold-down. Boy as I write this, I guess I have been busier than I thought LOL. The throttle position sensor was unhooked, and the little plastic gear looking piece inside was chewed up, so I replaced it too. I am unsure what its called, as my manual i have doesn't describe it well: if you're looking at the front of the intake there is a unit attached there with a plug-in thats unhooked- when I plug it in the car idles up, but won't idle down. I assume this is choke-related, and would like to replace it. Could anyone tell me what this is, that way when I go to the dealer I will know what to ask for. I am assuming the car has 2.73's, I was wondering if I went to 3.27's would that be enough for that little extra pull without sacrificing gas mileage? The car is eqipped with a 5-speed. Thanks in advance!