New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member and a New Sponsor

Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

Default New Member and a New Sponsor

Greetings everyone! Great forum you folks have!

I'm known as CobraBob on the major Mustang forums and I am a new Sponsor here. I would like to thank Amanda Allen for doing so much to help me set up my account here and answering all my questions. My company is CobraBob's Stang Shifter Gaskets. I have been making and selling shifter gasket sets for Mustangs (1982 - 2004) since Dec., 2003. Within the next few days you'll see my banner in the Sponsor section and let you know more about my product line. In the meantime, you can visit my website by clicking on the banner in my signature.

I will be spending as much time as possible interacting with the Mustang community. My background is the Terminator (2003/2004 Cobra) but I always try to help folks out with questions on other model Mustangs if I have the answer. I had a modded 2003 Dark Shadow Gray Cobra coupe with the following mods. It made 504rwhp and 493rwtq (SAE). Best car I ever owned and a blast to drive. Best track time was 11.4 @ 122.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Member and a New Sponsor

Hey Bob

What is a shifter gasket? Sorry I am a little ignorant. I have a 03 Cobra vert' what mods did you make?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums...
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 PM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cloud 9

Hey Bob

What is a shifter gasket? Sorry I am a little ignorant. I have a 03 Cobra vert' what mods did you make?
It is a high-temp gasket that fits between the shifter base and the transmission mounting plate. It replaces the traditional (messy) sealant, and serves a few important purposes. Most important, it quiets noisy aftermarket shifters (or the stock shifter). Second, it provides a much better seal between the shifter and the transmission. That is a major reason why it quiets down the shifter. Third, because it replaces the messy sealant, shifter changes are much easier. No more removing the hardened sealer. It is probably the least expensive mod you'll ever make. And it works! The gasket sets (base gasket, two shifter handle gaskets, and instructions) range in price from $5.00 to $7.50 (postage included) depending on your transmission.
T-56 - $5.00
T-5/T-45 and TR-3650 - $6.00
TKO-500/600 - $7.00
TR-3550-TKO - $7.50

You can read more about them on my website. http://stangshiftergaskets.com

Cool that you have an '03 Cobra convertible. My mods were:
Steigemeier Stage 2 ported blower
2.80 Reichard Racing Ultra-Grip pulley
3-piece Billetflow idler set
Accufab TB/Plenum
Amazon Tuning Solutions Diablo Custom Chip
JDM 92mm MAF
Twin Focus Fuel Pumps
Denso Iridium IT-22 Spark Plugs
Magnaflow Stainless Steel Catted X-Pipe
Steeda Stainless Steel Catback
Steeda RAI (Ram Air Intake)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with MGW Handle
AutoMeter Lunar Boost & Fuel Pressure Gauges

Old 07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum's.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Hey I don't see your shifter gasket on that mod list!!

I'll have to order one when I get a short throw shifter.

I am in Georgia and I am thinking of jumping the SC line to go see Rick @ Amazon myself. I assume we are talking about the same place. I hear he works wonders. He gave me a great quote too.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:07 PM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

Darn! I knew I missed something in my list of mods! LOL! Sure, when you order that short throw shifter jump over to my site and order your set. You'll be VERY happy!

And, yes, we're talking about the same Amazon Tuning Solutions and Rick (and Linn). Nice guy! I had the pleasure of parking my Cobra under their vendor tent at Maple Grove Dragway a couple of years ago. When you see Rick, ask him about Shady Maples all-you-can-eat (not far from Maple Grove). We enjoyed some fine food together and had a lot of laughs. Be sure to tell him I said 'hi'. I just talked to Rick on the phone last week.

Bob

I am in Georgia and I am thinking of jumping the SC line to go see Rick @ Amazon myself. I assume we are talking about the same place. I hear he works wonders. He gave me a great quote too.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

I'll do it!! Good luck with your gaskets!!

Justin

ORIGINAL: CobraBob

Darn! I knew I missed something in my list of mods! LOL! Sure, when you order that short throw shifter jump over to my site and order your set. You'll be VERY happy!

And, yes, we're talking about the same Amazon Tuning Solutions and Rick (and Linn). Nice guy! I had the pleasure of parking my Cobra under their vendor tent at Maple Grove Dragway a couple of years ago. When you see Rick, ask him about Shady Maples all-you-can-eat (not far from Maple Grove). We enjoyed some fine food together and had a lot of laughs. Be sure to tell him I said 'hi'. I just talked to Rick on the phone last week.

Bob

Old 07-20-2006, 05:49 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums sir!

If you have any questions, you can contact any of the mods, we'd be glad to help
Old 07-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

welcome

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member and a New Sponsor