MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Got some Questions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/16475-got-some-questions.html)

merfsiu 06-10-2004 01:45 PM

Got some Questions

First off, i would like to introduce myself. I am a new member, 28years old, and would like to say hi. I have been into bikes for some time and have owned a 79 yamaha 750, 2 92 honda cbr f2s, and currently have a suzuki gsxr 750 and a 92 f2 track bike. As far as autos, i have a 82 jeep cj7, under restoration, and a 99 caddi deville rollin on 18" rims.

I am planning on getting a 99-02 GT coupe and was wondering what changes were made in those years. Drive train, interior options, recalls or any mid year changes. I appreciate any info you all can give and look foreward to givivng my own input to the board in the future.

jdaniel 06-10-2004 02:13 PM

RE: Got some Questions

Well if you know Ford then you should know that in '97 they changed to the 4.6 liter engine. As of '99 they put Pi heads on it to get more performance and in '02 they changed the compression from 9.0 to 9.4 to make it a little better on gas, but it still sucks down a tank pretty fast. They also switched to a new tranny I believe in '01 which is designated the 3650. I hear on here that its suppose to be able to handle 425 HP but hates to be power shifted during a race. They say the syncro's give pretty easy under harsh conditions. Third gear is always a bitch, just get a short throw. The rear end is now a 3.27 instead of the 3.08 or the 2.73. Just about everyone here has, wants or plans on switching to a 4.10 rearend. They say thats the best gear for the car to get the most performance out of it.

uuhhh... I think I covered most of the big changes. If I missed something someone here will help me out and correct me if Im wrong. ;)

MelloYello 06-11-2004 10:53 PM

Welcome aboard buddy!!! Thats awsome I've been restoring my 83 CJ7, its got the AMC 304 in it... 6" lift all skyjacker suspension.. Silver with white hard top.... Im in the middle of changing out them stock 30 and 20 differentials gettin me some Dynatracs with limited slip/full time lockers.. oh there bad!!! lol

Anyways jdaniel I have to correct you sweety lol

95` last year 5.0's... In 1996 they changed to 4.6 liter motors....

But again welcome to the forums!

Mello

HRnB 06-12-2004 04:57 PM

Hi Merf, welcome

merfsiu 06-13-2004 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: MelloYello

Welcome aboard buddy!!! Thats awsome I've been restoring my 83 CJ7, its got the AMC 304 in it... 6" lift all skyjacker suspension.. Silver with white hard top.... Im in the middle of changing out them stock 30 and 20 differentials gettin me some Dynatracs with limited slip/full time lockers.. oh there bad!!! lol
Thanks! I love the 258 I-6s so i took mine and bored it 40 over, new pistons, cams, valve job and overhauled the whole motor. Havnt had it run yet though. My cj is just a frame in my garage now. Already have a new Fiber tub and A whole lot of other stuff. But i am taking my time, it probably wont be finished for 10 years, LOL.

jdaniel 06-17-2004 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: MelloYello

Anyways jdaniel I have to correct you sweety lol

95` last year 5.0's... In 1996 they changed to 4.6 liter motors....

But again welcome to the forums!

Mello
No way, I thought the first year the 4.6's were used was 1997 or was it '96? Wow... crazy. Sorry about that.

ariel4421 06-17-2004 03:26 PM

it's '96 for the 4.6s...just to get another voice on the subject. it even says it on the badge lol...sucks for them

98cobrasvt 06-24-2004 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

No way, I thought the first year the 4.6's were used was 1997 or was it '96? Wow... crazy. Sorry about that.
That would be 96, Mello is right again!!!