New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Roush 3 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:36 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush 3 worth it?

Haha i guess i made out on a good deal; 06Roush_st_3 if you re-read this forum do you mind telling me on some modifications i can do to the R3 to get it up to 500+ hp? Also your very true about the SALEEN they tend to take the stang and convert it into thier own car and not keeping the nice curves of the body. SALEEN = tooo boxy
Old 08-18-2006, 09:38 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Altough I have my doubts about you actually buying a Roush and most of them stem entirely from your typing.

If you really want to make 500+rwhp, the best thing you can do is NOT start with a Stage 3 Roush. The reason is the Roush s/c is one of the least efficient s/c available for the 3v 4.6, it is also too small to readily support high hp. I strongly suggest you do a LOT of research and reading before jumping into this.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:22 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

Oh im buying it; even tho you doubt it but i already made my decision. I dont know how you can not believe someone over these forums but just to make you happy ill take a picture of it when it comes in . Im saying all that because you can still add modifications to the roush and even tho it may have it already how; do you know it wouldnt make the car better. I also said 500hp and not 500rwhp... big difference.

once again if you re enter this post may you tell me why you dont believe me that im getting a roush? Is it because of the age or the senseless talk about the modifications?
Old 08-18-2006, 06:41 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Well, if you are getting it then I will believe you. I just take everything on web forums with a grain of salt and even more so when coming from a teenager and when people start talking about extensive modifcations. But 500bhp is hard to measure, there are lots of inaccurate formulas to figure out what your bhp is based on rwhp. Either way I wouldn't start with a Roush, their suspension components are sub-par and the car is overpriced IMO.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

Well considering the fact that buying a GT at my dealership for around 30,000k, then adding the supercharger which eqauls to 9,000k. I would be in and out of the shop constantly with additional mods. I think the ROUSH is a rare car; i havent seen many people with R3 stangs; but i have seen SALEENS.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:07 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Well, I have less than 10k in mods to my car with the turbo, exhaust, 2k in suspension mods and several appearance mods and 25k for the car, so I stand by my feeling that it is overpriced. But if it's what you want it's your money but for another 15k my car would be running DEEP 9s in the 1/4.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:17 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

The warranty is overrated. If you supercharge your car outside the dealership you will save 5,000, yes you will void the warranty but only on the MOTOR the rest still has bumper to bumper for 36k miles. Can you seriously go thru 5k in repairs on the motor after making it supercharged?, for 9$ I can get my motor supercharged and fully built with forged pistons and made 5.0. You can get the roush 3 body kit so you still have the looks and get a much better supsension package not to mention much better audio. But hey it is your choice, if you just want the looks just do what my dad did to my mothers mercedes benz. She wanted a S 550, So we got an S 500 and put S550 emblem on the rear and to this date she thinks she has a S550.

Att. Andrew
Old 08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

everyone is right on thier opionion but look the roush is a good investment; GT500 are going for are 20k over list OMG and the ROUSH is right behind the GT500 in 1/4mile. Once again its a collectors item as well; im going to be saying its a ROUSH insted of its a Mustang GT.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:30 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

The only problem with that is it is still a Mustang, Roush cars don't hold their resale like a Cobra or a Saleen the reason it is a GT with a body kit and some aftermarket upgrades. On Saleens, Saleen is actually considered the manufacturer Roush is considered an aftermarket upfitter like a customizing company for conversion vans. IMO if you want to spend the money look at a Steeda Q, much better suspension and a built motor that makes the HP you want straight from Steeda.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:36 PM
autie
1st Gear Member

well ROUSH is going to surpass caroll shelby; shelby did the same thing took cars and put in a bigger motor. Thats all the Base Price: 2006 Ford Mustang Steeda Q 525 - $62,000 now if you want to send over another 10k for me please feel free. But thats no reach for me and i dont think its fair for a 17 year old with a 60k car... 50k neither but hey IMO.

ROUSH got good ratings and i like the car; and i cant change my mind now; already on its way; so either its take it or leave it.

Quick Reply: Roush 3 worth it?