New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First Mustang, 3 weeks old, just got hit

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:14 PM
stanger06

Default First Mustang, 3 weeks old, just got hit

Hi, I am new to the forums. Just bought my first Mustang (V6) on August 1st.
Well my car is 3 weeks and day old and some guy just backed into it. I am absolutely furious. I was ready to kill the guy but i gave him a break for the simple fact he came in and got me.
i really look forward to chatting here, sorry about my first post being like this but i am pretty mad and i needed to vent.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:42 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Default RE: First Mustang, 3 weeks old, just got hit

welcome to the forums, dont worry did you get the insurance info
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
stanger06

thanks! yeah i got his information but i just hate having to go through the hassel of it all. not only that but this weekend, i was going to take some pictures so i could post them on here, and now i gotta wait.
i don't understand how this guy didn't see a big silver car behind him. at least he was cool enough to come in a find me.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:00 PM
AZMGT

wow, that blows. but atleast he came and got you. you just don't find many people like that anymore...
Old 08-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Hopefully it was just a minor fender bender, right? If so, it'll be a quick fix. Heck, now would be a great time to buy a new body kit!
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM
stanger06

yeah, it's minor, it could probably be fixed without having to go through insurance.
it's funny you said that becuase i have been looking at putting dual exhaust on it. (now keep in mind, i have no clue when it comes to cars) i would have to get a whole number bumper right so it would fit the second exhaust? i am clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

You'd have to get a GT bumper, but the GT and V-6 have different front & rear bumpers(have a little extension at the bottom) so to make your car look right, you'd need the front bumper too. Although I've seen V-6s with the dual exhaust running under the stock bumper and it doesn't look bad. BTW last Christmas, I got "tapped" by a teenager in a lifted Toyota P/U(following too closely) and she
caused 5K in damages(Just look like a pushed in rear bumper to me-deck lid/tail lights weren't even harmed). I guess the parts and labor(took it to Ford dealer where I bought car) and the fact it took nearly 5 weeks to get my car back contributed to the high price, luckily her insurance gave me no hassle whatsoever and offered physical therapy compensation(I believe in karma, so I declined).
Hope you get this all resolved soon, I know what you must be going through[:@]
Old 08-23-2006, 09:02 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! Sorry that your new car got hit, but atleast the guy wasn't a total jerk and drove off. It could be worse. [:@]
Old 08-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: stanger06

thanks! yeah i got his information but i just hate having to go through the hassel of it all. not only that but this weekend, i was going to take some pictures so i could post them on here, and now i gotta wait.
i don't understand how this guy didn't see a big silver car behind him. at least he was cool enough to come in a find me.
Dayum! you got lucky! I had my car backed into a couple months after owning it back in 00 and the person took off. Luckily a witness jotted down their license number
Old 08-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanger06

yeah, it's minor, it could probably be fixed without having to go through insurance.
it's funny you said that becuase i have been looking at putting dual exhaust on it. (now keep in mind, i have no clue when it comes to cars) i would have to get a whole number bumper right so it would fit the second exhaust? i am clueless when it comes to this stuff.
Yeah, you gotta get a new rear bumper assembly (GT) that has the second divit for the other pipe. I suppose you could mod it yourself. A steel pipe and a heat-gun might do the trick. Dunno, haven't had the opportunity to take that kind of a look at the construction of the bumper material (yet).

Quick Reply: First Mustang, 3 weeks old, just got hit