New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Intro and what I had to do to get an 06 GT 5-speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

Default Intro and what I had to do to get an 06 GT 5-speed

The following took place in the Chicagoland area. I found out about the 0-72 Saturday night. And started the search that Monday around noon. Everywhere I went, they had no 5-speed manuals. 3 out of the 5 Dealers had a search going on for a White with dark charcoal 5-speed already. The last dealership I went to had more GT's on the lot than anyone else, but still no 5-speeds. They then said they can locate me one. Bam! White with black interior, premium, and IUP. Just the way I would have ordered it. I told them I get x-plan, and they pretty much said no way, not on a 5 speed GT. Every dealership was the same, no x plan.

So I told them to price it out for the white one. They come back with a ridiculously low trade in number and sticker for the stang. Next they came back with a mystical 3k increase in trade in and took 1500 off the sticker. This deal was enough for me. I said deal, put a deposit on the car and was going to get transfered tomorrow.

It is now Tuesday. I am at work, so I am having my father take care of the calling. All the dealerships said can't get one. And the one I put a deposit on was a 55k Saleen that didn't show up on the transfer sticker. I asked about the other white one, they said it was sold. So the search continued. I know have 4 dealerships searching for me in a 5 state area. Not for just white now but any 5-speed manual, but no crazy vehicles like Roush/Saleens.

1 by 1 they said sorry, they can't get one. Then the place that I had the deposit at said it isn’t happening. I now told them options don't matter and either does color. Just no red. But I must have a 5-speed. He calls back, and says something about a black on black manual. But it was a Pace Car and has 6100 miles on it. And wanted to charge me for it. Needless to say I said, “No way.” And it ended with that is all I can get you; there is nothing else out there.

However, I then thought about what my dad said one of the managers doing a locate said. He said, “No one has one, and if they do they are not willing to trade it.” I called my dad and asked him to start calling every dealer ship in the area and ask them personally. He went to ford.com and started calling. He is now in the surrounding states and nothing. Now he is over 30 dealerships called and nothing. Then at 7:30 pm on Tuesday he finds one. And it is local. He figured it was too small of a dealer to have one left but they did, because of a crazy 4000-dollar aftermarket wheel and chrome package. They said they would put it back to normal. After much going back and forth I got an excellent trade in value and after my college grad rebate got the GT for about 150 under invoice and financed it for 0% for 72.

2006 Mustang GT Premium 5-speed Manual
Screaming Yellow
Dark Charcoal
Side Air Bags
Anti-theft
IUP
18" Polished Wheels( They look like TT2's)

Car stickered for $29,000
I paid 26,500.

And I got walked out of my T/A.

My T/A put down 326whp after just intake and exhaust cutout.(Less than 300 dollars in mods) I am pretty sure the GT won't respond to mods quite as well, But I find the car to make up for the lack in power just about everywhere else. I wanted the new stang since I heard about the concept. Right now my payment barely went up compared to my T/A and same with insurance.

To fix the power deficit, I am working out a deal right now to obtain a Saleen Supercharger kit, and have them install it. That way I still have a powertrain warranty from saleen. Though I am just learning about the 3v, I am no stranger to the mustang community. This is my fifth mustang. I had a 2000 White GT (Auto), 2002 Yellow GT (5-speed), 2003 DSG Mach 1 (5-speed), and a 2003 Yellow Cobra.

What what I gathered already, a stock 3v puts down around 260-270whp and with a tune and intake can get 285-300ish whp. Still learning.

One question I do have, what is the norm for a 5 speed manual GT at the 1/4mi? High 13's?

Thanks for your time. And looking forward to learning and modding something new.

Cheers.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Smokefan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Intro and what I had to do to get an 06 GT 5-speed

The car is capable of running mid 13 stock, there are quick and cheap mods to put you at 300rwhp. My last dyno run put me 292rwhp, this was before I did exhaust. Yellow is nice, too bad you couldn't find the white you wanted.

[sm=hiya.gif]Welcome to the Forums!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:56 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...
Old 09-02-2006, 05:25 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Congrats on finding one. Here in the Los Angeles area it was getting a little thin too on 5 speed sticks(in the colors I wanted). I too started my search last Saturday and went Sunday to the dealer where I bought my '05 GT in early '05(I paid sticker when everyone had them marked $3-15K). All they had were automatics...but said they could trade with another dealer for the color/trans I wanted.
They "allegedly" found a Vista Blue stick premium GT and were gonna throw in some 18" "fanblade" wheels in the deal. $27,040 was
the lowest they could come......they already appraised my '05( I owed $20,000 on it and they gave me that amount for an even money equity trade-in).........caveat? On Monday the sales lady called telling the Vista Blue car wasn't available...I had already put down a $500.00 deposit. She starting asking about the Tungsten Grey(since that was my 2nd choice)....an hour later? No dice in finding one. Okay, whatever, I said. Left work, went home, did another web search......found a dealer just 12 miles away(other place was 25) and they had an '06 Tungsten Grey stick with more options then the other car the other dealership "promised" me. Other car stickered at $28,040(they came down $1,000), the new dealership had the Tungsten car listed at $29, 200(Side airbags, 18" polished Bullits and appearance interior pkg, which gives you MyColor, and Charcoal leather and has a carbon fiber dash inlay instead of silver)
other car was basically a "stripper" premium(like my '05 was). Guess what? I told internet sales person to give me as low to invoice as possible, I got the car for $26,400! He said that was $500.00 over invoice. I got a much better equipped and looking car for $700.00 less, go figure! They gave me the 20Gs I was asking for to pay off '05 and the paperwork was signed and I was off! The best
experience I've had since I starting buying new cars back in the early 90's.
BTW Ubergeist..being that your car is yellow...have you seen Cervini's Boss 302 kit they have for the '05s & up? Oh man, that's a sweet kit, they even have 18" aluminum Magnum 500s in the package. Check them out at www.cervinis.com. They put an extension on the nose of the car to make the headlights seem more recessed and add a '69/'70 style hood(with the spear running down the center of the hood) The entire package is a little over $5K(including wheels/tires), but man, if I had a yellow 'Stang, I'd seriously consider it. Imagine that, a Saleen S/C and Boss 302 looks.......one of kind. Good luck with your car[sm=icon_cheers.gif] and yes, I got my deposit back
Old 09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
e_pad
1st Gear Member

Just went through the same thing here in Louisiana. Went to 5 dealerships between New Orleans anb Baton Rouge. Finally had a friend of mine that used to sell cars use some connections to find me one. I only didn't want maroon or green, and had to be a stick. Took them about 4 hours to find a Red premium with polished 18"s I'm not really sure what else it has. Only problem is they have to go get it, and I can't have it till tuesday[:@]
Old 09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

But you are getting it! That sounds great, especially considering what happened in your part of the country last year. Have a great time in your new 'Stang![sm=happy046.gif]
Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums
Old 09-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Congrats on finding one. Here in the Los Angeles area it was getting a little thin too on 5 speed sticks(in the colors I wanted). I too started my search last Saturday and went Sunday to the dealer where I bought my '05 GT in early '05(I paid sticker when everyone had them marked $3-15K). All they had were automatics...but said they could trade with another dealer for the color/trans I wanted.
They "allegedly" found a Vista Blue stick premium GT and were gonna throw in some 18" "fanblade" wheels in the deal. $27,040 was
the lowest they could come......they already appraised my '05( I owed $20,000 on it and they gave me that amount for an even money equity trade-in).........caveat? On Monday the sales lady called telling the Vista Blue car wasn't available...I had already put down a $500.00 deposit. She starting asking about the Tungsten Grey(since that was my 2nd choice)....an hour later? No dice in finding one. Okay, whatever, I said. Left work, went home, did another web search......found a dealer just 12 miles away(other place was 25) and they had an '06 Tungsten Grey stick with more options then the other car the other dealership "promised" me. Other car stickered at $28,040(they came down $1,000), the new dealership had the Tungsten car listed at $29, 200(Side airbags, 18" polished Bullits and appearance interior pkg, which gives you MyColor, and Charcoal leather and has a carbon fiber dash inlay instead of silver)
other car was basically a "stripper" premium(like my '05 was). Guess what? I told internet sales person to give me as low to invoice as possible, I got the car for $26,400! He said that was $500.00 over invoice. I got a much better equipped and looking car for $700.00 less, go figure! They gave me the 20Gs I was asking for to pay off '05 and the paperwork was signed and I was off! The best
experience I've had since I starting buying new cars back in the early 90's.
BTW Ubergeist..being that your car is yellow...have you seen Cervini's Boss 302 kit they have for the '05s & up? Oh man, that's a sweet kit, they even have 18" aluminum Magnum 500s in the package. Check them out at www.cervinis.com. They put an extension on the nose of the car to make the headlights seem more recessed and add a '69/'70 style hood(with the spear running down the center of the hood) The entire package is a little over $5K(including wheels/tires), but man, if I had a yellow 'Stang, I'd seriously consider it. Imagine that, a Saleen S/C and Boss 302 looks.......one of kind. Good luck with your car[sm=icon_cheers.gif] and yes, I got my deposit back
Thanks, and to everyone else who said welcome and good luck.

Sounds like a great deal.

And I checked out that website pretty stellar.

Too bad I only got the coin to choose power or looks. I went with powa!

Here is a pic of the GT.

Forgive my horrid photochopping of my rear in my car on my plate. I tried.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:43 AM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Welcome