MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Which Mustang to buy???? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/197794-which-mustang-to-buy.html)

hacke86 10-26-2006 05:15 AM

Which Mustang to buy????

I finally brought my self to deciding to buy a mustang and having some fun, but I can't choose which one to buy. I wanna buy between 01-03 04 if somehow I can afford it. I am thinking a GT or cobra but cobra again is probably gonna be to hard to find in my price range. I am buying it at wholesale but even still thats quite an expensive car. Any suggestions would be a great help. gt, v6, roush, just ideas of what is best. As far as mustangs go right now I am like someone who discovered candy for the first time and can't make up their mind of which one they want.

Ninety5five0 10-26-2006 05:46 AM

RE: Which Mustang to buy????

Well an 03/04 cobra would be ideal :D, but pretty pricey infact. If your lookin to mod something up, i'd go with a fox body 5.0. The aftermarket is huge and decently priced. If i was to buy a 4.6, it would only be 99+, the years before that arent too impressive. Its all what you want tho. Look at other members cars and see what you like. Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide.

randy78045 10-26-2006 10:51 AM

Welcome to the forums... :) Go for the cobra... ;)

TPony 10-26-2006 11:07 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum.

hacke86 10-27-2006 05:07 AM

Fox body?? The 5.0 is the 302 right? Which is better the 5.0 or the 4.6 and ya I would not be leaving it stock I plan on doing a lot of engine mods and other mods, once I have more money.

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

Well an 03/04 cobra would be ideal :D, but pretty pricey infact. If your lookin to mod something up, i'd go with a fox body 5.0. The aftermarket is huge and decently priced. If i was to buy a 4.6, it would only be 99+, the years before that arent too impressive. Its all what you want tho. Look at other members cars and see what you like. Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide.

BakoLuke 10-27-2006 11:42 AM

If you have the money go for the cobra

hacke86 11-07-2006 04:37 AM

I am still looking for a stang. Is there a big difference in power and suspension in the new stangs rather then before 05?? If there is I am gonna try to front the money for whatever car is the best. I have bought 6 cars this year I want one that I will keep.

skinjob 11-07-2006 07:52 AM

The 2005+ body (or s197 if you prefer) was stiffer than previous years. The 4.6 liter is now a 3 valve dual over head cam, where as before I think it was 2 valve single over head cam. The new engine makes about 40 more ponies at the fly wheel. I think the after market is much better for the older mustangs, but I'm sure that's just a question of time, as there are some many s197s out there lots of goodies will be on the way. Personally I think it's mostly a question of money, availability, and which style you prefer the most. Bodies can be stiffened, engines can be force fed, and the aftermarket will catch up, but it's hard to change the overall look of your car. Something about just the look of the s197 grabbed me and I would have bought one no matter what it had under the hood.

-J

rwh129 11-07-2006 08:17 AM

Cobra's are great but if you can't afford 1 go with a GT.
And welcome to the site

Stang562 11-08-2006 06:22 PM

Welcome to the forums :D