New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

Default New Here

Hi everyone,
Prospective new Mustang owner. I'm trying to decide between the '07 GT and an '06 GTO. I've test driven both, and honestly I'm impressed with both cars. Actually, both of them blow me away for different reasons. Although I'm no sports/pony/muscle-car aficionado, I can appreciate the power of a strong V8 and good handling. Styling differences aside (big tilt to the 'Stang), the Mustang gave me a big smile during the drive, while the GTO put an evil grin on my face. I'd like to know if anyone here had a tough time deciding between the two, and what swayed them to the Mustang? Thanks!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
BakoLuke
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Here

Welcome to the forums! its your choice but in my opinion i just dont like the way the GTO looks
Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Heres a nice little side by side tool to compare the GTO just select Ford then mustang http://www.automotive.com/2006/12/po...x.html?vehicle
they are basically the same price right now since they are giving GTO's away at dealerships ive seen brand new ones go for 25,000 and thats 7gs off sticker. I think the GTO looks nice but the thing is it dosent have the "omg factor" becuase people will see it ask you if its a grand prix with a body kit and then say oh cool car but on the other hand with the Mustang people drool, women LOVE it, and it leaves people speechless but then again thats what a mustang is supposed to do
Old 10-29-2006, 09:33 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Grabbn 07
1st Gear Member

get a mustang if you want looks or car with a STRONG, BIG community, my buddy has a '06 GTO we ride together alot, he gets mad because he has only had a handfullof "Nice Car" comments whilei get them every time i pull into a station

Just a fyi, he regrets getting his GTO, the power is nothing without head-turning looks
Old 10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums...
Old 10-29-2006, 07:49 PM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the nice welcome, and BTW, I've already gotten some great info from this forum since finding it a few weeks ago. The Mustang certainly has the intangibles going for it. And yes, it is partly a Beauty Contest. After thinking about it for a day, the other huge factor for me was the fact that I really, really did not want to get out of that Mustang after I drove it. I could've easily dropped off the dealer and taken the Mustang out on a 200 mile road trip. Didn't quite get that from the GTO. My wife (who knows very little about cars) agreed after looking at both cars today "that's not your sports car, it's so plain" and "that's what you need, right there." She even agreed with my choice of colors and trim (Vista Blue and possibly the CS package). Will probably place the order in about a week to coincide with the Holidays. Thanks again, you guys and girls are a wealth of good knowledge and entertainment.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:39 PM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. We have a very strong and supportive community of Mustang owners. If resale value indicates anything, I think the Mustang will be worth more in a few years compared to the GTO.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
PBR_Streetgang
1st Gear Member

Change of heart, decided to go with the GTO...

Just kidding. Reading about the strut/water leaking problems w/the GTO sealed it for me. Decided to go with a lower-profile look, so today I ordered my Alloy Metallic GT 5-speed w/charcoal leather seats & charcoal instrument panel. Gonna dye my Golden Retriever charcoal so she doesn't mess up the passenger seat. According to the dealer, it may take longer than the standard 6-8 weeks. UGGGH.... Apparently the 18-inch Premium wheels are a "5% Commodity Item," which may lengthen the build process. Santa Claus may be coming around Super Bowl time for me. It'll be worth the wait.