MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   I'm an old phart newbie (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/20918-im-an-old-phart-newbie.html)

302240Z 08-24-2004 02:44 AM

I'm an old phart newbie

I've been in love with the mustangs ever sense I saw my first 64 1/2 convertable in high school. My first running car was a 55 ford fairlane convert. Yellow and Black. My next one was a 55 4 door that got me into trouble with water pipes for an exhaust. I've had neumorous fords after that. My favorite was a 65 mustang coupe I raced at the outlaw strip in Winston county Alabama. The car was "Alabama stock" LOL. I've built a lot of street rods and other cars. I got old and retired. Yeah, right. I work harder now than when I was working. I honestly cant see where I had the time to work. Anyway...I'm building one more car before I cash in my chips. Never mind about the other 6 or 7 projects I got setting around. I love to modify things, so I may get flamed here, but that's ok. I'm used to it. My 77 XJS Jag has a 350 vette engine in it, so you can sort of get the drift. My current project is a 1972 Datsan 240Z with a 82 stang 5.0 in it. The body is being highly modified and will have the Cobra accent. I watch the stangs run over the camaro's and vettes at the local drag strip and I got the bug once again. The 240 will weigh less than 2400 pounds!
I love the sound of a Ford reving up!

bossman351 08-24-2004 03:12 AM

RE: I'm an old phart newbie

Welcome to the forums. No flaming from me ;) sounds like you got some pretty cool projects goin on there. If you got any questions just ask somebodys bound to have an answer.

ParrotHead 08-24-2004 03:39 AM

What he ^^^^^ said! Looks like you are going to be a good edition to our lil site here as you know what you are doing with cars! Welcome to the boards!

OneGearhead 08-24-2004 08:52 AM

welcome aboard

bacon 08-24-2004 12:17 PM

welcome to the forum

302240Z 08-24-2004 01:08 PM

Thanks Ya'll. Just don't ask me any questions about this new fangled electronic stuff. I quit turning wrenches at dealerships when chrysler come out with their lean burn system. For those of you who don't know, that was back in the middle to late 70's I believe. I'm a carb and points man!

Turbo92Eclipse 08-24-2004 03:55 PM

Hey man, I'm new to and I also am wanting to put a Ford V8 in a 240. Cept the one we have is a 92 240sx. Sounds like you have some mean rides. Do you have AIM or AOL?

StangMang 08-24-2004 04:14 PM

Welcome to the boards!

T_stang 08-24-2004 09:16 PM

Hay there welcome nice rides there coming from another Old Fart heheheh :D

roundman 08-25-2004 04:43 PM

and this old fart remembers the points and carb era very well too! cut my teeth on those old Chevy distributors with the little window in the cap! welcome and have fun here! you can probably teach these youngsters here a thing or two and they might even be able to teach you a little about EFI too, can't never tell!:D