New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

My sweet ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: My sweet ride

ORIGINAL: Big Boy

the only real muscle i give a mustang is what you got.the shelby is the only real muscle. i mean yea the gt's are ok and the svo's arnt bad.but still. zo6 vette rapes. and the regular vette still stomps a gt. i mean come on.4.6 litre v8.get outta here.try the vette with a 6.0 litre v8 pushin out 345 stock.the svt is supercharged only pushin 475.then you have the shelby which is also pushin 475. then theres the zo6 pushin 505 hp. i mean really think about it.the vette rapes over all. yea its not known for how fast it comes off the line but its still rapes any mustang in the 1/4 mile. and handling is much better also. i mean what more can you want.the most power and control. then all you need to make it a beast is drop twin turbos in it and you have a 9 second beast. and if you still think a vette is not a real muscle car its cool. then go purchase a ws6 trans am. which will also rape all mustangs.
First off do not get me wrong I do like Vettes as well but as I said my car is a modified 2005 Mustang GT and not a Shelby. I have raced a Z06 Vette locally and he just is not able to keep up. My car is pushing 462Hp at the wheels and can do even better if I wanted to but I enjoy having a daily driver. Although with the snowfall has not been driven in a month, oh well can't wait for spring already.
If you ever want to have your ride go up against my car lets do it this coming summer. Let me know.
You know...I started reading this thread thinking the Z06 guy is kind of a douche. There really is no point to coming to a Mustang forum and talking **** about peoples Mustangs. But, I'm torn here. Big Boy, you say you're looking at about 462hp at the tires. Thats what? 10-15 more hp than his stock Z06 is putting down? I know there are variables in there like gears, and what kind of dyno's...Blah blah blah. But not you're talking about a car that weighs about 400 lbs less than yours, making roughly the same power. And I know the IRS argument, but the truth of the matter is that they do tend to transfer the weight a bit better, even if it does make a stock car hard to hook up. So now we're going to say that given a race between the two of you, you're both going to have a decent shoe on the back of the car correct?

Now you say a Z06 couldn't keep up? There have been many, many Z06's proven to run deep into the 11's and trap at 125 mph. I dunno...I think given equal drivers, the outcome might be a little different than you think.

Not that I'm knocking either car, I just have a hard time buying that a car with the same power and weighs quite a bit less fell far behind.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
VSTNG
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My sweet ride

Back to the original post ... will someone please re-start my heart ... sweet ride!!!!!!!!