New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the forums...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Doug M

Default New to the forums...

Hey everybody, just wanted to address myself as a new member here...definitely not to Mustangs though (bet you've heard that one a hundred or so times...). Mustangs have been in my life ever since I can remeber. My uncle and all of my extended family lives back in Michigan (Detroit, Wayne, Dearborn...) and all have at some point worked in the Ford Factories. My uncle is currently and has been working there for almost 30 years.

He is who gets me the A-Plan everytime we look to buy a new Ford. My uncle gets credit for actually getting me started into Mustangs a long, long while ago. He started out small but now has three Cobra's with the most potent having an honest 611 rwhp....and my personal favorite, the 2000 Cobra R (what a beast!!). It sucks they have to sit in the garage most of the winter...well sorry to ramble on just wanted to say hello and i plan on staying here for a long while. In the near future i hope to get a new Mustang, probably a 4.6 GT thats in good condition, with a 5-Speed manny.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:54 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New to the forums...

hey dude welcome to the forum, hope you find a good car, sounds like you have a good history. have fun!!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:56 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Your gunna love the GT. its a great car. Welcome.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:21 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Welcome!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:32 AM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Doug M

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

Your gunna love the GT. its a great car. Welcome.
I know, I've driven a few and they are right in my price range as of now. It's either that or a used Cobra, havn't decided yet though. I'll be plenty happy with the GT, because i'll be modifying it like i do everything!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 AM
bacon
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the forums
Old 10-15-2004, 05:49 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum. nice history. id like your uncle. haha think hed take me for a ride in the Cobra R ???? hell, i just wanna see one !!!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Doug M

He works seven days a week at Ford, It's hard for him to enjoy his cars really. He'll be retired soon though and life will be back to normal where he can enjoy his Cobra's daily. He lives on Stoney Lake in a huge house overlooking the lake, it's gorgeous. Kinda hard to get out there if youve never been. The cool thing is he lives a 5 minute drive from MIS....fun.

...oh, and i dont think he gives out rides to complete strangers. Maybe i could put a word in for you though! You've never even seen one? They are unreal...300 made to!!! Does burnouts like mad crazy!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:36 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Doug M

He works seven days a week at Ford, It's hard for him to enjoy his cars really. He'll be retired soon though and life will be back to normal where he can enjoy his Cobra's daily. He lives on Stoney Lake in a huge house overlooking the lake, it's gorgeous. Kinda hard to get out there if youve never been. The cool thing is he lives a 5 minute drive from MIS....fun.

...oh, and i dont think he gives out rides to complete strangers. Maybe i could put a word in for you though! You've never even seen one? They are unreal...300 made to!!! Does burnouts like mad crazy!!!
can you vouch for that, as in you did it ?? Or just seen it ?? haha and im not a COMPLETE stranger.....i own a 'Stang. V8 on top of that....that should be enuff reason for him to give me a ride....better yet, LET ME DRIVE. hahaha. yeah right. i dont let anybody drive my car....BE DAMNED IF ID LET SOMEBODY DRIVE MY COBRA R !!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New to the forums...