New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Greetings from the OC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Default Greetings from the OC!!!

Hey guys! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm your typical car nut here. I currently have two cars in my stable. The first is my 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra convertible with the Mystichrome Appearance Package. One of 495 Mystichrome Cobra convertibles!!! I bought this car as my college graduation present to myself, as I had been driving nothing but junkers since I first got my license, and it has been top down fun since Day 1! My Cobra is my first brand new car I've ever bought/owned. I've had mine since February '04. (I can still remember the day I first went to look at it on the dealer's showroom floor! It even has a rope around it so nobody could sit in it!) I can't believe my Cobra is now 3 yrs old, but it sure doesn't look it. I'm a member of numerous car clubs because of it, and I enter it in car shows frequently. Hehe, I usually win my class everytime! The only mods my Cobra has are a full Bassani exhaust with X pipe and an Accufab single-blade throttle body for quicker response (replacing the stock dual-blade unit). I dynoed my Cobra, and found that with those few mods, it pulled 384 rwhp and 393 rw torque and my air/fuel ratio is near ideal. Amazing what these Terminators can do! Also, my Cobra was featured on the Jay Leno Show back in the summer of '04 as part of the Ford Summer Concert Series. This was made possible and coordinated thru one of the car clubs I'm a member of ... Beach Cities Mustang Club. So, my Cobra is a celebrity, unlike me, LOL!

My other car is my 1965 Thunderbird Special Landau. It's one of 4,500 that were produced to unofficially commemorate the Bird's 10th anniversary year. Typically, Tbird convertibles are the rarest. However, the '65 Special Landau is more rare than a '65 convertible (about 7,000 convertibles made that year). The model lineup for the 4th generation Tbirds (1964-66; Flair Birds, as they're called) went like this: base hardtop (with painted metal roof), luxurious Landau (with vinyl Landau roof and S bars on the sides), and convertible. The Special Landau was a $50 option over the regular Landau, and what made the SL unique was the paint and interior trim. EmberGlo (copper metallic) was the color reserved for the SL (however, less than 500 were ordered in conservative white instead). Parchment (cream) was the vinyl roof color unique to the SL, and the interior was a matching Parchment vinyl (seats, console, door panel trim, outer portion of the dash) and EmberGlo appointments (seat backs, carpeting, inner portion of the dash). Burled walnut appliques were unique to the SL on the console and door trim. SL badges appear on the exterior/interior. Even the deluxe tri-spinner wheel covers with matching EmberGlo painted veins were unique to the SL. Lastly, upon buying a SL brand new back in '65, FoMoCo sent you an engraved brass nameplate that had your name, a gold Tbird emblem, and SPECIAL LANDAU LIMITED EDITION NO. (serial number) on it. Mine is #3822 with the original owner being Emerson Hurich. My particular car is well documented, as it was featured in the book Thunderbirds: 1955-66, American Motorbooks Classics published back in '96. I've owned my Bird since April '05, and it was featured in the May/June '06 issue of Legendary Ford Magazine with a multi-page article and lots of photos!

Be sure to visit my personal website to see more photos of my cars:
www.mystichrome.com

Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Greetings from the OC!!!

welcome!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Thanks! ... Who else on here is from the OC? Can't wait to go on that Saleen cruise on 2/17!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, nice ride.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Whta can I say..that's a great looking ride, and your homepage is all over it too. Welcome.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
retrokix
1st Gear Member

hey whats goin on im from the oc too

haha HAWLA!!
Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Stang562
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forumsIf you've gone to shows here in SoCal In sure Ive seen your car somewhere
Old 02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
retrokix
1st Gear Member

hey i gotta go to some of these car shows

someone keep me posted on when and where
Old 02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
MystichromeCobra969
1st Gear Member

Thank you, thank you!

TPony: I like what you've done with your hood! Is that Roush scoop functional, unlike the one on the GT/CS?

retrokix and Stang562: Hey, whats goin on?!? Yeah, I've taken my Cobra to several car shows, including Knott's (Fab Fords Forever), Saleen Factory Show, Mustangs at Queen Mary, and Sunset Ford Show. Are you guys going on the Saleen cruise on Saturday 2/17?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Roaddane
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF. 2 cool and unique rides you got, love it.