New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Ford Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Kwiatkowski18

Default Ford Warranty

Just to introduce myself: I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (yes a Canuck) and I own a 2006 v6 Mustang. I am 19 and a Psychology major in University. I paid for my car myself as I work on the rigs during the summer and am very proud of my car. I would have loved to have bought the GT but I just couldn't do it financially. I have been browsing for quite some time now and I finally decided to register and start posting.

My question is about Ford's warranty. What kind of modifications can I do to my car that won't void the warranty? I haven't got a straight answer from Ford on this question and I thought you guys could help me out. The reason why I ask is because I want to add dual exhaust and headers as well as a chip but yet I dont want to get rid of my warranty because 5 years of no worries is too good to pass. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Warranty

ORIGINAL: Kwiatkowski18

Just to introduce myself: I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (yes a Canuck) and I own a 2006 v6 Mustang. I am 19 and a Psychology major in University. I paid for my car myself as I work on the rigs during the summer and am very proud of my car. I would have loved to have bought the GT but I just couldn't do it financially. I have been browsing for quite some time now and I finally decided to register and start posting.

My question is about Ford's warranty. What kind of modifications can I do to my car that won't void the warranty? I haven't got a straight answer from Ford on this question and I thought you guys could help me out. The reason why I ask is because I want to add dual exhaust and headers as well as a chip but yet I dont want to get rid of my warranty because 5 years of no worries is too good to pass. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Welcome aboard!

I haven't done much in the way of add-ons yet, BUT I have ordered the Ford Racing 7.5" T-LOC axle, and my Ford dealer has said they will: 1. install the part and 2. it WILL be covered under warranty since it is a FORD part! How cool is that?

They have also said they have no problem installing aftermarket parts like exhaust, etc. But I would have to assume they will not offer "warranty" service on those parts.

Any of you folks had a GT muffler installed by Ford? I assume that WILL also be covered under warranty since it is a FORD part...

Things that don't "change" the stock programming (or are undone before service at the dealer) and cosmetic additions.

My Mustang came with "tires for life" so I'm hard pressed to change the rims out, hmm... What if I buy new Bullitts and tires from my dealer? You got me scheming now...
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Again, welcome aboard, you'll find lots of friendly help here.

SOHC
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Kwiatkowski18

I'm still not clear on the warranty issue yet...What performance modifications will void my warranty and which ones wont?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 03-09-2007, 12:07 AM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

Post that question on the 2005-2007 Mustang tech forum page and I'm sure you'll get some good advice on that. I have an 06 GT and was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Joshewuhh

Hey! I work for Ford

There are many ways tovoid the Ford Factory 36/36warranty.
Let me explain.

Powertrain:
This entails engine, electronics, transmission, and rear end.
ANY NON FORD, ROUSH, OR SVT Components installed underhood before 36,000 miles or 36 months will fully void any and all powertrain coverage.
This includes, K&N intakes, power programers or chips, superchargers or turbos, or any internal engine component.
Any changing of the Transmission gears or ratios, or changing/altering of the Rear End gears voids not only the tranny/rear end, but also the motors warranty.
Basically, for the first 36k, unless its a Ford Aftermarket accesory bought at you dealer, and installed by them, any mods will void the powertrain.

Inteior:
After market cd players, dvd players, sirius radio, if installed by your Ford dealer will NOT void the coverage on the interior.
Any and all interior trim panels are covered by the 36/36 provided it was NOT damaged by the customer and was a truly defective part.
Installion of aftermarket shifters, steering wheels, etc. void the warranty on THAT PART ONLY.

Leather or cloth seat covers, steering wheels are covered granted it is not due to excessive wear by the customer.
If you accidently tear your seat bottom with something, its not covered.
But if the leather cracks or peels of its own doing, then it will most likely be replaced and covered by the warranty.

Tires:
If a defective tire is on the vehicle, and not of the customers fault for bumping a curb, then the tire in question will be replaced under the tire manufacturers warranty.
Alloy, steel, or hubcapped wheels are also covered against chrome pitting, hubcaps falling off due to improper install, or other NON CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE.

Thats all I can remember.
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask me.