New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey Folks

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

Default Hey Folks

Great forum with lots of info...some great cars too.

Not only am I a first time Mustang owner, but this is my first Ford product. I know, I know, sorry.

Back in the stone age, I looked at a million late 60s Mustangs, but never found the right one, so I wound up in a string of GM and Mopar musclecars.

This was fine, but when the new Mustangs came out, I was hooked and swore I would own one. I didn't know it would be so soon though. On a total impulse I popped into the local Ford dealership in Watkins Glen...this is an old and small place. One desk, one salesman, and one Mustang.

I took it for a long blast in the woods up by the racetrack and that was it.

I bought a Satin Silver V-6 Premium with the Shelby style rims, Shaker 500 stereo, and Pony Package, and I love it every single time I drive it.

With the addition of some tractor like snow tires, it even did fairly well in the snow up here, but I can't wait to get it cleaned up for summer.

Someone makes a remark about it nearly every day, but the best was when an older woman walked up to me in a Wal-Mart parking lot raving about it and how it reminded her of one she had a long time ago.

She went on to tell me that while she didn't remember exactly what she had, it was "a very bright blue, with a black hood, and it said something on the fender..."Boss" maybe?".

I didn't bother to tell her that her old car was worth about 3 times as much as her house.

Anyway...great forum...see you around.

C.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey Folks

Welcome to the forums!!! Post some pics of your stang.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey Folks

Welcome to the forums!