New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Ordered my Baby Today!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Ferrari0324
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ordered my Baby Today!!!

I've never heard of that. What is it?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Pramitor

First off, grats on the car. I have an '07 Vista Blue Cali. I received it about two weeks ago. Be wary. The side scoops on mine seem to be coming off. I have gaps between them and the car. Looks like they are held on with doublw sided tape. I am taking it in for the appointment next week. It may have to do with the fact that I am in Germany and run up and down the autobahn doing 130 mph or so.lol Anyway, you will like the ground effects it comes with.They are noticeable when you pull up beside a Normal GT that hasn't been changed.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Roaddane
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF.

Congrats on the order, yup those 2 months will drag on forever. I bought my car in December and it won't on the road til May, but at least I get to look at it, and sit in it. And I get to come on this site and get a Stang fix.

Now about your MF name......
Old 03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Welcome man[sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 03-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Ferrari0324
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Roaddane

Welcome to MF.

Congrats on the order, yup those 2 months will drag on forever. I bought my car in December and it won't on the road til May, but at least I get to look at it, and sit in it. And I get to come on this site and get a Stang fix.

Now about your MF name......
Haha. Yeah. Well I'm a big Ferrari fan. As much as I love the Mustang, the Horse I REALLY can't wait for is on a Ferrari. But like I said, I still love the Mustang.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Hi Brandon!! I ordered my GT from Fullerton on RT 22 in Somerville, on the 5th of Feb and got my build date and delivery date just this week. I can't wait to get it. I had been to Oasis to look and was surprised that they hardly had anything to look at let alone buy. But they sure had enough trucks.......seems they are catering to that these days..I had previously bought anExplorer from them in 97 and unfortunately had a bad experience with service and then when I was looking for a new 2003Explorer I was ignored. ( I ended up getting my truck at Fullerton.) This time aroundFullerton had more Mustangs on the lot than any other dealer around our area and I went to most of them..(my Dad bought his at Fullerton the same day I ordered mine) - he got a V6Pony package in alloy. I had to order mine as even they did not have what I was looking for -- they even went on the computer to try to find it. So I waited. I am sure it will be worth it! I ordered a GT in Vista blue metallic with all the toys, GT app package, Comfort group etc...I am gonna continue to call that 800 number to see when it is built and on the truck on the way to the dealer!!!Knowin it it on the waynow is driving me crazy !---- Sandy
Post pics when you get it!!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Ferrari0324
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stndbck

Hi Brandon!! I ordered my GT from Fullerton on RT 22 in Somerville, on the 5th of Feb and got my build date and delivery date just this week. I can't wait to get it. I had been to Oasis to look and was surprised that they hardly had anything to look at let alone buy. But they sure had enough trucks.......seems they are catering to that these days..I had previously bought anExplorer from them in 97 and unfortunately had a bad experience with service and then when I was looking for a new 2003Explorer I was ignored. ( I ended up getting my truck at Fullerton.) This time aroundFullerton had more Mustangs on the lot than any other dealer around our area and I went to most of them..(my Dad bought his at Fullerton the same day I ordered mine) - he got a V6Pony package in alloy. I had to order mine as even they did not have what I was looking for -- they even went on the computer to try to find it. So I waited. I am sure it will be worth it! I ordered a GT in Vista blue metallic with all the toys, GT app package, Comfort group etc...I am gonna continue to call that 800 number to see when it is built and on the truck on the way to the dealer!!!Knowin it it on the waynow is driving me crazy !---- Sandy
Post pics when you get it!!
Sandy,
I actually went by Fullerton once b/c they had the car in the color I was looking for. They did have a pretty big selection. Oasis actually has about 40 Mustangs in stock, unfortunately none were what I wanted. Now what 1800 number are you talking about? don't tell me this, b/c I will end up calling it all the time. Do you need to have your vin # to use it?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

It is a number the dealers use to check on cars. I got it from a guy on another board. You need to have the five digit dealer#, was on top right of my order form--
and your order number ,- top left of the order form , model year -- duh. , andbody type # mine is T82 to use it. I got all this from the order form i got from the dealer.
You can do it by VIN too whenyou get it. If you get stuck they will put you thru to an analyst, but you dont want that because they then think you are from the dealership and when they figure out you aren't give you some bogus # to call which is just customer service who tells you to call the dealer for the information.
If you have your actual order number.... give it a try. 1-800-962-3746 . I think you pick option #2 to get started.
it is an automated thing you just reply to the prompts. Mine did not have anything on it until it was actually scheduled for the build --which is next week!!
Good Luck!!! -- Oasis only had about 15 cars when I was there. 2 were C/S and none wereGT's.They had lotsof 6's. So,They must have gotten a shipment.But I was looking inJanuary and ordered earlyFeb. --I live 12 miles from Oasis and 7 from Fullerton. Have bought cars from both , but prefer Fullertons service dept. big time. You can of course go to any Ford for service.
Have fun with the waiting game.... I have to get busy tomorrow and call the insurance co now that I have my VIN.
Sandy
Old 05-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Ferrari0324
1st Gear Member

So I got my VIN# yesterday!!! She should be here the week of the 18th.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif]