New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hi

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
66fastback gt

Default hi

Im new to this forum am 17 years old and own a 1966 mustange fastback gt 289 a code car. But unfortunatly it needs alot of work needs a title a whole front end and new floor boards not to mention a new wireing harness. And currently am totally lost on what i should do. So heres the story the guy was fixing it up to have a front end like the ones on the corvette that was all one piece and tilts up. But his kid drowned and it sat in his garage for 24 years and sold all the parts and he cant find the title. The car only has 72 thousand original miles on it. I have been looking around for quite some time for parts never had any luck but i know a guy that has the engine and the hood and hes going to sell the stuff to me for 150 buck. I tore the carpet out of it yesterday cause it was all moldy and thats when i found a bunch of rust holes in the floor just another thing that needs to be fixed.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Default RE: hi

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
shelbygurl

welcome to the forum!!! where in the world did you find that car i would kill to have one i have a 92 lx but the 66 was an awesome year. good luck findin the parts ill keep my eyes open for parts. it will be worth it when its all said and done
Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

a classicmustang is a project..... if its not worth restoring then its not worth having.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

17 yrs and have a 66..sweet!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
66fastback gt

Thanks people i hope to get alot of help here in the process of restoration im planning on putting it back together and keeping it all stock. Maybe with the exception of a aftermarket radio but thats it. So far today i sanded down the rusty old floor boards and am getting some primer for it. But since there is some rust holes in the floor board does anyone maybe know were i can get some custom fabricated floor board from? I go to beat the heat every wednesday for the poeple who dont know what it is its were we are building up a car to race time triles against the police at the track. One of the supervisors has the hood and the engine for my mustange and he said he would give me the engine for 150 dollars and the hood for free. The car we are building up for racing is a 1979 ford mustang fox body we put a 302 in it with custom dash im going to have to get some pictures of it tommorow but its pretty sweet.