New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Miata to a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:24 AM
kjb

Default Miata to a Mustang

I traded my Acura for an F-150 4x4 SuperCrew and my wife tells me that she can't driver either the truck (too big) or the Miata (6 spd). The next thing I know I find a Mustang that might be a reasonable alternative, and trade the Miata. It's a 2006 V6 automatic convertible, leather, Shaker 500, spoiler etc. I've come >< close to buying a Mustang lots of times before and finally did it. I don't know if I'll mod the Mustang much, maybe some handling stuff. The Miata cornered like a cat on velcro and I don't know that I can get the Mustang close to that level. My favorite local corner was a pretty easy 30 mph in the Miata vs 20+ in the Mustang, but maybe that's just me getting to know the car and its limits.

I don't quite have the full Mustang bug yet, but it's growing on me. It's a lot better car than I expected and the trunk is a helluva lot bigger than the Miata. The V6 sounds and pulls a lot better than I expected. The chassis is definitely a lot stiffer that I thought it would be. Time to lurk and learn

Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
SamSam31

Default RE: Miata to a Mustang

Hi, welcome to the forum

I'll be honest; I didn't like the retro styling when it first came out a couple of years ago, but soon I fell in love!

I got rid of the Shaker though. It would skip on the lane strips on CA freeways and that bugged me too much to handle.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

ya the v6 is a sporty daily driver. the v6 isn't a slug, it has a good amount of torque from the v6 motorfor regular commuting. itand the styling is awesome. you say you loved the handeling of the miata. the stang will never to be able to handle like that roadster. but there are a number of suspension mods that will help it out. so ya, if you want,put on an exhaust for that extra growl and some suspension mods and you're set. [8D]
Old 04-06-2007, 09:23 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Hey, welcome to the forums!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
kjb

ORIGINAL: SamSam31
I got rid of the Shaker though. It would skip on the lane strips on CA freeways and that bugged me too much to handle.
That must be why they call it a Shaker. I thought I read somewhere on this site that Ford would treat the skipping as a warranty item. I may have to test those waters since mine skips too. At first I thought it was the CD.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
White92FoxGT
1st Gear Member

Big difference between the miata and the stang huh? Welcome!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM
slimshorti1589
2nd Gear Member

welcome...my friend has a miata as well....but he claims to hate mustangs...i think hes........jealous...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:21 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kjb

I traded my Acura for an F-150 4x4 SuperCrew and my wife tells me that she can't driver either the truck (too big) or the Miata (6 spd). The next thing I know I find a Mustang that might be a reasonable alternative, and trade the Miata. It's a 2006 V6 automatic convertible, leather, Shaker 500, spoiler etc. I've come >< close to buying a Mustang lots of times before and finally did it. I don't know if I'll mod the Mustang much, maybe some handling stuff. The Miata cornered like a cat on velcro and I don't know that I can get the Mustang close to that level. My favorite local corner was a pretty easy 30 mph in the Miata vs 20+ in the Mustang, but maybe that's just me getting to know the car and its limits.

I don't quite have the full Mustang bug yet, but it's growing on me. It's a lot better car than I expected and the trunk is a helluva lot bigger than the Miata. The V6 sounds and pulls a lot better than I expected. The chassis is definitely a lot stiffer that I thought it would be. Time to lurk and learn

Welcome to the board, I like your analogy. This is a great site.

Quick Reply: Miata to a Mustang