New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
67 bucket of ford

Default blinkers

hello-1st time on this forum,hopefully this is the type of forum i was looking for.now for a little story;5 years ago our daughter was ready for her first car and i was so gled she was looking at american steel over some import tin.so she finds this 67 coup that just snarled when i first started it,ran so good on the test ride it took 10 minutes to find the hubcap from where it landed in the corn field.this thing was THE donut making machine(not like the easy bake oven i'd bought her years ago) so home we go,this thing had alot of stereo stuff in the glovebox rear deck and trunk i'm not a stereo guy so i paid no attention to it.i did learn that one of the fastest ways to have a complete system removed is to let some crack heads at it while its waiting for the mechanic to de-tune the carb,anyway now the car is only a motor-steering wheel-seats... no power anything and the air is hooked up to the window crank,best part its good for roughly8-10 mpg and the mechanic wants the motor.i refuse to let the stang go my daughter stands 4ft.11ish and way under 100lbs.but we found that 2 cusions from the couch,hug the wheel like your 85 year old grandma does and this thing beats the hell out of walking.so off to collage she goes and the mustang gets parked and started on a monthly bases and every so often i take it out to re-stripe the road or race some red-neck in his dads chevy,along comes daughter #2 who for the last 3 years has heard nothing but horrer stories about the mustang thats suposed to beat the hell out of walking(wish my folks had got me something like that when i was ther age-dif. story heh?)any way she opts for the fuel effieciant neon(bummer) so now its the boys turn for a 1st car and he's up to the challenges of 'old school' plus all he's heard for the last 5 years is how this how it used to be,there never used to be; power stearing air conditioning,intermitt wipers,power windows and the fact that this is 'basic transportation and it sure beats the hell out of walking. not to mention it'll beat the snot out of your buds 305 camaro.so he's taken an interest,replaced the starter relay and dimmer switch(i tried telling the guy at the dmv that the dimmer switch was an option-no go)has pulled all the trim off and has started some sanding/prep for the body work,the inside is super clean for a 40 year old car. however the blinker switch always fell down and youcould drive for miles with your left blinkers on,i am a carpenter and i have never trusted anything mechanical i ever fixed due to the leftover parts that were always at the bottom of the coffee can(73 opel gt engine swap-when the book says the motor MUST come out from under the car just do it)so to fix the turn signal a multitued of cigarette butts have been wedged in there and they worked fine. not good enough-so in the mail a blinker switch shows up.yesterday i got home from work and he was out there replacing the dimmer switch(good job to) so i remember replacing the blinker switch on my old rambler how much harder could this be?well it took an hour to get the stearing wheel off and after splicing the wires on the new switch putting evey thing back together i have no blinkers no tail lites no hazard lites out back,the hazards up front work but not the blinkers.all 5 fuses are fine what more can i do other than take it to the mechanic? i really wanted this kid to see how easy it can be to bring this thing around.also i've been getting these god awfull looks from my wife'beats the hell out of walking does it;;?
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 PM
speedjunkie92
4th Gear Member

Default RE: blinkers

welcome try posting this question in the classical mustang secition they know more about this kinda stuff then i do i have a 1992 mustang
Old 04-08-2007, 10:29 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Wow...what a story. Lots of work on the classic, but again they all demand attention. Like the guy above said, recommend you post the basic question in the classic's section. I'll bet you'll get an answer quick.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
NorCalTroy
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to Mustang Forums Wayne!!

You paint a pretty picture of the history of the car that no one seems to want!

My first thought on your blinkers/flashers problem is possibly a bad ground at the tail lights. Come on over to the classic section, there is a ton of information already there, and if you can't find what you are looking for I can pretty much guarantee someone will be able to help you with any other questions you have.

By-the-way. I'd rather have to push my Mustang somewhere than walk there without it!

Oh yeah, once you get to the classic section... post pictures!