New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

NEW NOT SO YOUNG GUY BUT NOT TO OLD TO LEARN . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:33 PM
zincyellowgt
1st Gear Member

Default NEW NOT SO YOUNG GUY BUT NOT TO OLD TO LEARN . . .

Glad to be a part of what appears to be a mostly professional and helpful class of men and women who like myself clearly love mustangs. It has taken some years but I finally got mine.

I have been following this forum for sometime to see what type of people are here and from what I have seen everyone in this forum has respect for their fellow mustang buff and works to help others out.

I have waited way to long to get into the scene of going to the drag strip and I am having a blast. While I am a late bloomer and come from the genreation of big cams, big blocks, big intakes and big carburators to make power, I look to learn more about EFI, forced induction, computer tuning, and OHC style engines.

My first trip to the track some weeks back was somewhat successful. The low ET is posted in the time slips section and was on street tires. I am waiting to return but have decided to upgrade the drive shaft and add a drive shaft loop before heading back.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW NOT SO YOUNG GUY BUT NOT TO OLD TO LEARN . . .

Welcome to the board, what year of mustang do you own? You are right, we all respect each other and try to help one another, there will always be some friendly ribbing and poking fun, but that is what make this community fun. I cant help but check theboards several times day just to see what is going on. Have fun.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the M/F family, let's see some pics.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:32 PM
zincyellowgt
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am running an 02 GT 5speed. It was stock, but now it is mildly massaged. 4.10 gears, K/N FIPK, MSD COP's, Bassani catted X-pipe, Magna flow SS exhaust, and a custom dyno tune by the fella's @ Pauls Automotive Engineering in Blue Ash, Ohio. Dyno results at the end were 250 RWHP @291 lb-ft torque. They advised me to install a drive shaft loop which makes perfect sense, so since they will already be under there why not add an aluminum D/S? Last thing I want to have to do is leave the little yellow buggy sitting at the track because I dropped a drive shaft or worse poll vault the thing. Of course there is no such thing as a sure thing but you can onlyminimize the fate of potentialdisaster. It would not be racing if disaster were not lurking somewhere near by in one form or another. I am working on getting some pictures together. As a foot note, I just returned from taking it to Emerald Isle, NC and I could not believe the gas mileage. I checked my math two or three times at each fill up and I verified that I was getting between 24.3 and 25.4 MPG. I thought at best with a 4.10 R/P, I would get maybe 19 - 20 if I was easy on it. I had to oinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. In case youwere wandering 93 Octane gas.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Old 06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!!!