New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Calling all Female Mustang Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default Calling all Female Mustang Enthusiast

There is a site that my wife goes to allot, she found it through Breast Cancer Awareness (My Wife being a survivor)
Lets all help to keep this site going because of there commitment to the cause, lets help fight breast cancer...

And Men, Lets help out our Mustang Sisters in keeping this site up and running.

www.Mustangwomen.com

Support the Fight Against Breast Cancer [align=center] Our Mission[/align] [align=center]Fighting the fight against Breast Cancer is personal to me. In 1997, I found a lump. The fear it put inside of me is indescribable. I went through 2 months of tests and at the end of that ordeal, I nor the doctors knew if it was cancer or just a cyst. Finally after 2 almost 3 months of worry, I had it removed. Thankfully, it was nothing and I have not had anything return.[/align] [align=center] My mother is not so fortunate. In 2003, she informed me that she found a lump and had it removed. It was not tissue as mine was, they found a benign tumor and put her on medication to prevent re occurrence. She reminds me and my older girls daily to give self exams for early detection and we listen to Mom! Click on the pink ribbon for more information on early detection and care.

So many women have endured such horrors and unfortunately, some are not as fortunate. The research for Breast Cancer Prevention must continue in order to find a cure!

I am proud to donate proceeds from the MustangWomen.com store to such a cause!

Thank you for your support!
[/align] [align=center] Get Tied to the Cause[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center]The Susan G. Komen Foundation[/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center] [/align]
About MustangWomen.com
(how it all started) [align=center]This became a "brain-child" of mine after I attended my first auto show in Charlotte, NC.My husband and I took some of the kids and my new 2005 V6 Screaming Yellow Deluxe to the show. We were all tired, but had a great time attending the show with approximately 38 fellow yellow mustang owners from the Yellow Mustang Registry. The attention our yellow crowd made was amazing![/align] [align=center]When we were leaving the show, I was driving my car out of the Lowe's Motor Speedway with the windows down and I heard someone yell out "LOOK, there is a NEW Mustang!" then when I passed he yelled "Oh my, there's a chick driving it!" Right then, I knew that women who own and drive Mustangs don't really get the credit they deserve.

In my experience, it is the typical mind-set that men drive or own sports cars. That is certainly not the case! I have met in person and online some awesome women Mustang owners and quite frankly, they get just as much pride in them as the men or more so!
[/align] [align=center] Women are generally stereotyped as mothers or homemakers. I am both, however I drive and own a Mustang. Why? A Mustang is an American Icon! Once it rolled off the assembly line in 1964 it has become the addiction of sports car enthusiasts! You can spot a Mustang in a crowd of cars and when you say "I drive a Mustang", people know what you are talking about!

Women Mustang owners gives "I am Woman, hear me roar" all new meaning!

Welcome to the site!
[/align] [align=center] Kathy[/align]