New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New 07 Convertible GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Default New 07 Convertible GT

Well, after 2.5 years in a Dodge SRT-4 (after having a 95 Mustang GT, a 95 TransAm (LT1), and a 97 Corvette (LS1) -- got rid of because of the arrival of our firstborn!) I am back in the Mustang fold. I wanted a fun car that had a V8 after the I4 in the SRT, but could take the kids in. Throw in the desire to have a convertible, and there's only one car this side of $55k... You guessed it. The Mustang GT!

What an improvement over my 5.0L '95! It rides beautifully, the interior (especially with the upgrade package) is wonderful, and having a convertible is a blast. I can actually talk to people inside of the car while it is driving.

My kids love it. My son's never been in a convertible (he's 2.5) and he thinks it's awesome. He constantly wants to go take a ride in "Daddy's Black Car".
And my 1 year old loves the breeze in her face.
This is the first car of mine that my wife has loved. I am still shocked that she didn't care for my Vette much (which we had when we started dating, up to the time we were married and were expecting our son). But she loves the Mustang. It's been a great family bonding car thus far actually.

Here are some pics. The dealer had Magnaflows installed on it, sounds great! The car is pretty dirty after just two days of owning it. Sigh, I remember now why I swore that I'd never get a black car since I had my first Mustang GT... I can only imagine how much time I'm going to sink into waxing this beauty!

Since pics are a must, here are some snapshots from today. I've been so busy enjoying driving the car, that I forgot to take pics until this evening!

Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 PM
93 FHP SSP
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New 07 Convertible GT

Welcome to the forums!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:56 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

very nice car..i love it
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

Going from the SRT-4 to the Mustang is a nice upgrade. Not a whole lot faster, but much classier and more comfortable on the old backside!
This is my first convertible as well. So far it's been very nice. Very quiet! Actually much quieter than my SRT-4 with the top up.

And oh, the sound of a Ford V8. I have had two cars with Chevy engines (LS1, and LT1) and while they are powerful they just don't make the same sweet music that Fords do.
Best sound this side of a Ferrari IMHO.
Just wonderful.

And I won't even mention the sounds the SRT-4 made. While incredible for a 4 banger, it just can't compare with the symphony from a V8.

I feel home again. Turbo 4's are fun and nice. But a sweet V8 is just heavenly.

Now I just have to improve the handling on this thing. Way too much body roll, not as confidence inducing as the SRT-4 (not to mention the Vette).

Got any suggestions?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
jimmy08

Very nice car, even with the car seats in the back,my 11 year old daugheter loves to ride in my 06 torch red GT vert.I dont get to leave the house very often without her.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Love the interior. Welcome to the forums!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

jimmy08: I can imagine! If my dad had a car this cool (he didn't, we drove around in a Datsun B210 wagon . He drives an AMG Mercedes now though. God Bless America!) I wouldn't want to ride in 'the other car either'. We just had to go to the toy store, and my 2.5 year old just begged to drive in the car. He was disappointed when we had to take the Explorer.

TPony: Thanks! I had to search really hard for this car. A stick with the convertible with the chamois interior was a little bit of a pain to find. The first dealer I went to didn't have a SINGLE stick shift on the entire lot. OR the storage lot. And they had to have had at least 50 Mustangs on the lot at the time. I ended up at Galpin, but they were a pleasure to deal with. Even got a free lunch while I waited for the finance documents to generate. But I like it a lot, and it's a fairly unique color combo from all the stangs I've seen so far.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Welcome.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:22 PM
ChuckandjennR

kodos78, not sure if your intention was to have the reflection of the flag in the hood ouf your stang, but that is one sweet picture, you should send that one to Ford.
I feel you excitement, I pick up my new 07 GT Conv tomorrow at 6PM. These last 24hrs are killing me, I want it now.
I have a 93 LX with a 5.0 sittign in my inlaws garage, it was my first new car and I loved it. Now that I can afford toys, I was able to convince my wife to let me go get another stang and can not wait to take my 4yr old out for a ride, she has seen pictures and wants to know when daddy is getting his car without the roof.
I love the black and parchment by the way, looks real nice!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Thanks ChunkandjennR
Yeah, I saw the flag on the hood of the car, and I had to take a shot of it!

Congratulations on your new ride. The anticipation must be driving you nuts.
But it looks like you are getting close.

Post pics as soon as you get it! Of course, like myself you may not get the chance for a while -- I'm sure you'd rather drive it than take pics!

Congrats!

Quick Reply: New 07 Convertible GT