New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Im New Age Means Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
BLWNSN8K
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Im New Age Means Nothing!

Welcome to the Forums[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 01-11-2005, 07:49 PM
stock_95gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mach1driver2006

Ya see i live in NewYork, long island, and there are so many lights and traffic it would be a pain shifting everytime and the mach1 come auto its an option but on the cobras its alll manual.Ya red is nice but its gunna be high insurance cause its red. I was thinking either the white or blue there are really no other good colors or there hard to find in manual.

In the sunny state of Florida, the color of your car no longer applies for insurance rates.
I have a red car. V8 95 GT. I'm only 22... and my insurance is only $175 / month.

Only $25 higher than when I had a piece of **** Toyota Corolla (first car)..
Not to mention I'm also on my own insurance plan now... which normally makes it higher, but it's still affordable.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Glad there's other young kids here too
Old 01-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Mach1driver2006
1st Gear Member

Ya your lucky, but im preety postive that insurance is a couple hundred or more for a red sports car in Newyork, I live on long island and ever since 9/11 alot of the city people moved out here, And its really over populated its light after light and the traffic on the parkway is crazy the cars dont move. Manual is nice and everthing but i think it will be a pain in the @ss. There is hardly anywere to go fast[sm=smiley24.gif]
Old 01-12-2005, 01:16 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

ORIGINAL: Mach1driver2006

*Only Girls drive v6s* lol there are some sweet v6s though!
All the cool kids have v6's

Welcome to the forums and good luck on the search.
[sm=wtf.gif] r u sayin that im not COOL [sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif] J/K ...J/K LOL

that svcks. if u cant go fast then why r u getting a mach 1? I know one thing for sure that if i didnt get a stick shift i would have sold my stang already. a mustang w/ 300 hp is a lot more fun to drive w/ stick and power in demand. trust me.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Mach1driver2006
1st Gear Member

lol not you DVS your the COOLEST, lol

Ya well i wanted the car because when i get older i wanna hook it up preety good, i was thinking about getting manual but the thing is im not to good at using it i mean i no how to, but not that good. The cars at drivers ed are all automatics and my parents have all autos also, So i have noway to train, Unless i rent a manual car first?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:42 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

yeah i know what ur sayin but my stang is the first car i ever drove using stick shift. I remember last winter when i was lookin at buyin a stang i was so iffy about buying stick cuz i dont know how to drive stick[&:] it just so happened that i got a great deal on a stick shift and couldnt pass it up. and now i am so happy that i got stick cuz they r so much more fun to drive plus a lot faster. I wouldnt not buy a stang just b/c its stick. if its other reasons like u said traffic ok, but yll learn to drive it good. its not that hard

Old 01-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Mach1driver2006
1st Gear Member

Ya my dad told me the same thing, Its preety easy, i guess i should just look for what ever is a good deal i guess then. But the truth is, Next year probley i think i would be able to get a better deal on a auto because everone is looking for a manual, Thats the only reason i thought auto first,Besides the fact that the traffic is horrible here.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Mach1driver2006
1st Gear Member

The Power is the same between auto- manual?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 AM
DeViouS
4th Gear Member

NO. ya see in order for the automatic tranny to work power needs to be give to the tranny box so it can shift gears, therefore power is taken from the engine to do so. w/ manual tranny ur doing the work of shifting gears so the engine can put more power too the wheels. u dont loose that much hp u do loose a good amount

Plus with auto their is only 4 spds w/ manunal there are 5 spds

with manual u get to shift at red line w/ auto it shift b4 red line (so it can give u better gas milage) there4 you dont get the most out of every gear. U cant have good gas milage and performace at the same time. so ford cuts it in the middle

Auto weighs a lot more than manual which can slow u down
Old 01-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Mach1driver2006
1st Gear Member

Ahh i see thanks alot DVS, i didnt no that, So really manual is better and faster, You have manual do you ever get tired of shifting all the time,

Quick Reply: Im New Age Means Nothing!