MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Decisions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/314808-decisions.html)

cr0nick 07-09-2007 12:01 PM

Decisions

Hey, first post!

Im looking for some advice, and im expecting some biased opnions in your replys but try to keep in rational =p

Right now I own a pos 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse, basline 1.8L non-turbo model... Im in the middle of sanding and painting the car and plan on selling it after im done. Now, this is the part im still decicisive on. At first I planned on just buying a 4-banger 2nd gen eclipse with a stock turbo and modding it, but...

Ive since started thinking about buying a mustang and im not sure if im in with the aisan crowd that owns those types of cars. I plan on modding whatever i get and would like to take it to the strip on weekends and running it. But thats a long ways away.

Opnions, comments?

TwotoneVert 07-09-2007 01:46 PM

RE: Decisions

Buy whatever you want based on what your future plans are. What times are you looking for? What HP do you want to achieve? How much money do you have to spend? There are a multitude of options you have before you. Just as a personal note, I used to be into RX-7's. Had two. I hated how insanely expensive it is to mod a car like that, and guess what we all worked on them to beat, a mustang! LOL, I had always wanted a mustang and finally after some boring crap I wont go into, I bought my first fox body. I love it, and will continue to work on her. Anyway, you can start with a fox, or get you a new body style, 94 and up. The 94's had 5.0's in them, 95 and up had 4.6. Parts for the mustangs are everywhere, and you can make good power on a simple budget. Throw a turbo or s/c on top, and you will have a great street/strip car that will be reliable. Good luck.

mustangcobra94 07-09-2007 02:20 PM

i think there is alot more potential if you go with a mustang

cr0nick 07-09-2007 04:06 PM

I agree, that and I don't really want to hang with the asian crowd with something like a Mitsu.

Im hoping to sell my current car for around 3k. Looks like ill be looking around for a good deal on a mustang soon, til then ill be around here learning some more about them. The only thing id have to say I don't like about Mustangs is just that there all over the place. I don't know if its just here in Michigan but I see at LEAST 4+ a day.

alsoknownazg 07-09-2007 04:29 PM

it is like that here in texas. But that is because its the worlds greatest car. But the thing i thought of before i bought mine is how am i going to make it differnt than everyone elses? And thats what i am working on right now. You will always see a bunch of mustangs, but you will only see one of my car rollin through the streets of SA in a couple of months. ;)

cr0nick 07-09-2007 10:02 PM

Well, whats something good to start with. Lets say I want a Manual V8. Is there anything worth getting with about 3k?

cr0nick 07-10-2007 11:14 AM

bizzump

Kiryoku 07-10-2007 03:55 PM

If you look hard enough you can always find a deal, what you need to decide is your overall budget of money and time. How musch are you willing to spend and how long are you willing to wait to finish your project. I bought mine witht the thought up here in the northeast of driveing in the summer and working on it in the winter.

cr0nick 07-10-2007 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: cr0nick

Well, whats something good to start with. Lets say I want a Manual V8. Is there anything worth getting with about 3k?
Like I said, id like to sepend around 3k. I want to say as long as the car is driveable when I get it. Then it wont really matter how long of a project it will be.

plainsman1876 07-11-2007 12:16 PM

Here in NM you see lots of Mustangs out there, which is great to see . But what I don't under stand is why the people with 80's up through 07, don't wave at me in My early 65 2+2. It makes no since to me