MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Area (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area-11/)
-   -   Need input on purchase (https://mustangforums.com/forum/new-member-area/31978-need-input-on-purchase.html)

casaleenie 01-20-2005 09:24 PM

Need input on purchase

Need some do's and don'ts regarding 96 Mustang Cobra convertible.
Going to look at it tomorrow and need some input as to what to look for.
:eek:

fordguy17 01-20-2005 09:28 PM

RE: Need input on purchase

check the odometer, check for rust on the undercarriage, ask if it has any aftermarket parts and what, has it been in an accident, ask for paper records, check and see if the top is molded or torn. thats all i can think of right now.

casaleenie 01-20-2005 09:32 PM

33K on odometer (accurate)
only mods are Eibach springs and a K & M air filter.
Comes with an extra set of wheels.. (R type)
Haven't checked out the top yet but what does a new top cost if required?
Original owner.. stored winters -
I decided I needed a fun car with some creature comforts- like a heater and a top....etc...

fordguy17 01-20-2005 09:38 PM

sounds like a good car. low miles, few mods and stored for the winter.[sm=smiley20.gif]
how much does he want for it?

casaleenie 01-20-2005 09:47 PM

I've seen the car before but it's probably been three months ago. Didn't pay much attention to it other than it was a Cobra SVT and that made an impression.
I wasn't in the market at the time. His wife refers to the car as "His baby".

fordguy17 01-20-2005 09:50 PM

kelleybluebook.com says 10,725 so offer him 11,250 and see what he says.

casaleenie 01-20-2005 10:09 PM

Let's see what happens tomorrow... With any luck I'll buy the car and I'll see if he can store it where it sets until spring.
I've been chasing down all the things that can be done to that engine and it looks like it would be a ball playing with it...
Most of the upgrades and mods are under the hood and I'm sure my wife doesn't look there.

fordguy17 01-20-2005 10:11 PM

lol. good luck.;)

casaleenie 01-20-2005 10:19 PM

I've seen these cars advertised as a convertible/hardtop.. It appears that the car can be fitted with a removable hartop... I've also seen some of these cars with a rollbar that seems to be a factory install. Is the rollbar an aftermarket item or only when ordered at original delivery?

If the paint is great and the top very good... I probably won't deal. 12K seems fair...
I mentioned the extra wheels (R's)friend and he's sitting on over 100 Panoz 17X9's that will fit with no modification... Panoz when to an 18" wheel on all their cars.

fordguy17 01-20-2005 10:26 PM

true. if forgot about the extra wheels and stuff.