New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello from san diego

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 AM
premo

Default hello from san diego

hi guys. new member here from san diego. I'm not a mustang owner but a ford fanatic. I am presently in the middle of swapping a 95 GT motor into my 87' nissan 200sx. not the sentra type, the rear wheel drive, pre-240sx type. I've gotten fairly far on the swap but need some wiring schematics and vacuum line layouts so I figured why not hit you guys up for a shop manual and the occasional question or 3. I've been a ford guy for a long time now but am definetly not stuck on any one brand...its whatever gets the job done effectively for me at anyrate, the car I'm putting the motor in before had a 3.0L VG, same used in the 300zx..has a 4:11 rear diff, coilovers and a few other suspension mods. it has Z brakes and 5 lug hubs as well. its a pretty light car and would take about anything out on the road w/the V6 (gutted as well, mild upgrades on the motor) before it spun a rod bearing so I figured hey, why not have some more power?? this of course was after hrs of work in the garage fitting an xterra/frontier blower onto it and a bunch of milling work to follow and starting a rebuild. hehe at anyrate, ill post pics later on just to give an idea of what I'm doing as I'm at work right now. I hope the group can appreciate the swap I'm doing as most import guys are ***** and detest anything over 4 cyls..

Jason
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: hello from san diego

You definitly have your hands full with that one. Not sure on where you would find what you are looking for, but any repair manual should have the vacuum and wiring diagrams. I havent seen any online shop manuals.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 AM
premo

yea, its been a fun project so far here's a pic of the car prior to me ripping into it. it doesnt look like much but its a lot of fun. ive actually had quite a few people (see: retards) mistake it for a fox body! LOL

ill see if i can track down some pics of the motorin the hole. funny thing, the mounts about damn near matched up perfectly! the stick shift is right where it should be too, yay. but yea, i still have a lot of work ahead of me...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Welcome, and good luck with your project.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 PM
jchantelau
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and yes good luck with your project.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 PM
premo

incase you're interested here's the latest on teh project. the firewall is cut, motor is mounted, trans is in. i put on an edlebrock rpm air gap 4 bbl mani and i have a carter 650cfm carb i intend to use. mac shorty headers, etc. my question is this, i have a VERY narrow area to work with as far as my sump goes. i made myself an oil pan but i was wondering what model of what 302 equiped car comes with a front sump? i took the GT stang pan and modified it but it sure would be nice to have a purty looking one off summit or something this project has been a bit of work, but fun. im going to have to redo my steering linkages among other small things but all good. here's some pics

sorry for the crumby welds. i tacked it together at home then brought it to work to use the 'good' welder. well, in trip to work my tachs broke loose banging around the back of my car and i welded it on backwards! DOH!! haha i was pretty ticked as it was nicely boxed in and looked freagin sweet. at anyrate, i just quickly blasted it apart w/the plasma cutter and rewelded it back together. thats primer by the way. ill redo em later..

here's the poon magnet sitting next to what i cut out of my car. he looks all cute and innocent but he's a devious bastard lol

how it sits now.

liquid movitation LOL!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:07 PM
premo

i do intend on going EFI however there were quite a few bits and pieces missing so ill go carb for now and tune the car to that whilst building the efi setup on a spare motor in the garage. i have my sites set on a TT setup as well but thats later down teh road. my main goal is to get it running and go from there. i was really pleased with how well the shifter lined up in the hole. its pretty much stock location which is great for me any comments, good or bad, are welcome and appreciated.

thanks