New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Agent Orange

Default Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck

Well ever since the 'new-retro' (1967) look of the mustang was posted on the web a 'few' years ago, I had always said to myself that I might have to buy one of these. The last time I had a ford product was when I was going to college. I had a midnight blue 1967 mustang...and loved it! Had it repainted and it was a looker!
Anyway, in Aug of 2004 I purchased a Dodge Srt-10 Viper Ram Truck. I have 8-10 weeks left with it...and we will say our good bye's. I love the truck but I like the Mustang too. Truck is paid off. It has 38K miles on it and runs still runs like new! So with the trade-in I had very very littleout of my pocket expense and I get a brand new Mustang. Oh yeah, yesterday Aug 5th, 2007, I ordered a 2008, Calif Special GT Mustang, color: Grabber Orange, and ordered all kinds of options on it. So like I said, 8-10 weeks is when it should be coming in.
Anyway, just thought I would chime in as a newbie and say hi and hope to learn a lot of stuff in regards to this car. My dad had a 1965 gt and GAVE it to my brother....he loaned it out to a friend when my brother went on leave (in the Army), and the friend totalled it...what a shame.
But I still had my '67.
Anyway, now I'll go and get familiar with some of the stuff on this site.
I'm just dying i tell ya. []..the anxiety after one day is like WOW! Feel like a kid just before Christmas...can't sleep cuz there will be a special present under that tree...i mean at the dealer!

AO
Old 08-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Before The Rage
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck

Hey, the California Special GT in Grabber Orange is going to look great...

A Ram SRT10 is very quick and very nice, too... but hey, you'll have two Mustangs!

'67 and a 2007....

Imagine putting the Viper V-10 in a Stang....[>:]
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Agent Orange

Ford already has the 'similar' srt-10 ...it is the shelby gt 500...ahhhh.
I think i might bekicking myself later..everytime i see a Ram...i'll be thinking of..uh...well maybe not...the grabber orange should blind my mind and like a dog, my memory will soon be gone and won't remember the truck?
I have dodge products since 1997 (trucks) and I have been very satisifed with them...
But now it is a new day...Ford Mustang...I know I am going to love it!
Is your mustang a 5.0 liter? I noticed now that i am getting familiar with Ford again that they don't make the 5.0 liter...it is now the 4.6, and the v6 which i think has 210hp...and then the big boy...500hp.
anyway, just wondering if you or anyone knows why the 5.0 liter was dropped?
Eventually i will have pics to post of the new GT special.

AO.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Before The Rage
1st Gear Member

Nope, my car is the 2.3 four cylinder, which they stopped producing after '93 I think.

They stopped making the 5.0 after '94, if my memory serves me correctly... Lots of Fox Mustangs have it.

The 4.6 is apparently smaller but makes just as much or more horsepower, and still gives the Mustang a distinct sound and of course, plenty of go.

I look forward to seeing the Grabber Orange GT CA Special when you get the pictures, it sounds awesome. 8 - 10 weeks sounds like WAAAAAAAAY too long to wait!!!!!

I would go crazy [&:]

Old 08-07-2007, 07:19 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the boards, cant wait to see the new stang. For the record, they started putting the 4.6 in the 96 and up Mustangs. Foxes were not produced after 93, and the new body styles of the 94 and 95 had 5.0 engines.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Welcome Agent Orange!!! Great choice on the color. It is my fav. color on the stang! You will love it. I tell you, boy does this color shine!!! What other options did you get? I went with the Shaker 1K, comfort group, interior upgrade, gt appearance. It is beautiful. Make sure when you get your car, you put some pics up. Ask anything, I am sure you will find the answer I only bounce between Street/Strip and New member area. Later Bro!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Torque07
1st Gear Member

Welcome. I only had to wait one day for mine and that was bad enough. I think 8 to 10 weeks would have been torture.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Agent Orange

thanks all for the welcome! just got home from work. my boss wants to hire me direct! now that's good news! I been consulting for this company since feb 5 of 07. had to work out the $$ etc..
anyway, what i ordered..humm I got the shaker, comfort pkg, upgrade to the dash with 124 color choice in the instrument cluster..ambiance lighting, took the wing off...got the two tone seats, which is black leather iwth the parchment centers and heaters in the seats--will come in handy in the winter here in sasquatch country! got the polished 18 wheels...i love that look.
by the way, are those polished wheels covered with a protective coating so i don't have to rub them down with Mothers Alum polish?
I wasn't sure if the orange would shine as brilliantly as the red (on my truck, it's literally like a mirror) and i bet teased by the neighbors and they guys at the viper truck site...they call the truck a garge queen. but you know what, that first impression at the dealer was like oh my gosh! so keeping that exterior up as best as i can sure does help on trade in. anyway, i only got the 500watt system instead of the 1000w. I also got the HID lamps...can't wait to see how those work out! and of course i got the satellite radio...subscription is for 6 months. I jsut bought a 07 dodge Nitro (Inferno red) and we got the satellite radio for her and she likes it a lot.
I think that is about it for all the little extra's. it has only been 2 days...and boy oh boy, I carry the brochure around with me to work and back to home...I look at the pics in the brochure and then look on google...for the life of me i cannot find an 08' grabber orange calif special gt...ANYWHERE. I wanted to use it as a screen saver...yeah torcher myself even more while at work. ha.
oh now a question...any ideas for a personalize lic plate?
I thougth of GRABBR, because GRABBER was already taken.
I am also thinkg about WILDPNY
REVITUP is taken.
or maybe just plain ole KICKS?

gotta go do some errands now..

Later

AO
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Agent Orange

All, thanks for the historical info regarding the 5.0 liter. Yo 07Grabber, so what do you use to polish n wax that M'stang?
waxxx on...waxxxx off...waxxx onn,,,waxxx offf.
I go to this local place, it is kind of like Mcguires but it is called Groit's. I got their brand of auto detailing products and they work just as good as any. Let me tell you I have gone from turtle wax (which I must say is pretty good now) to Mcguires. I use the clay, then polish and then wax...my former vehicles all looked sharp...cleaned with pride.
Have you used this stuff called ICE? that stuff works really well. I only use the Groit products now. They are in Fife, Wa. you can check them out on the web too. Anyway, back to browsing the site.
thanks again for the info and the welcomes!

A.O.

Quick Reply: Farewell to my red baby...srt-10 viper truck