New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi Im new and HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Lacey20

Default Hi Im new and HELP!

I have a white 2000 Mustang V8 GT. I love it but I have a problem. Everyone wants me to trade it off for something more reliable, because in the winter I can hardly drive it, it gets stuck in the snow, or in the ruts and takes me forever to get out! I don't want to get rid of it or I'll have to park it and get something for the winter. Anyone have any tips of how I could improve its winter preformance? Like sandbags in the truck or something? Thanks!
Old 08-22-2007, 02:08 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi Im new and HELP!

Welcome to the forums Lacey, I'm not too sure on how you would go about helping your winter driveability, maybe talk with the guys in the General Tech subforum about it.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Lacey20

Alright thanks!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Lacey, Welcome.. Because of the RWD, any mustang will have that same problem. What you need to do is buy winter tires, designed for thick ice and heavy snow. Then, you need to put at least 75 lbs. of sandbags in the trunk to help balance out the weight ration. Give that a shot. Good luck and enjoy the site.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GrabberMustangGT

Lacey, Welcome.. Because of the RWD, any mustang will have that same problem. What you need to do is buy winter tires, designed for thick ice and heavy snow. Then, you need to put at least 75 lbs. of sandbags in the trunk to help balance out the weight ration. Give that a shot. Good luck and enjoy the site.
I think I'm going to stop recommending the General Tech area and just refer them to you. Or just say, "sorry I can't answer your question, but when Grabber gets around to reading the new members area, he'll be able to help you out" what do you think?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hi Lacey,

Welcome to the forum. I live in the Northeast and my stang is in storage from November - March. You could get yourself a winter unit.