New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie to Mustangs from Germany / Europe

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Newbie to Mustangs from Germany / Europe

put these tags around the image addresses [IMG]web address[/IMG]
Welcome to the forums!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:33 PM
MisterPink66

Sorry for the SIZE of the pictures !!! [:@]

Won´t happen again!!! Promise !!!

@ Birdieman4:

There are only two mags who report of drag racing (and one is bulls...t). In tv they don´t ever mention it. But if there are any events (and there are not many -> around 5-10 a year in the whole country) people travel from all over europe to see the happening. That´s why they are so crazy about autographs. If they got hooked on drag racing they´ll do anything for it. But we don´t have any usual public racing events... [:@] Sometimes on special meetings they to 1/8 or 1/4 mile races but that doesen´t happen often. And they are not open to anyone: Just VW people do their thing, Ford people do, and so on. No mixing wanted here... I don´t know why...

Saleen is not sold in Germany so people get parts from the US or import complete cars. You just don´t get one over here... [:@]

Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 PM
2001mustang
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope that we can answer all of your questions.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:16 AM
MisterPink66

Thank you!!

I do have a problem with my stang:

The fold-down rear seats (bench?) of the fastback are worn out.
Noone seems to sell the foam or whatever it is called for the backseats (I always see the adverts for the bucket front seats). [:@]

Anyone got an idea where to buy this stuff?

It not only looks like s...t but you can´t almost sit in the back because of the lost shape of the seats...

Geets

MisterPink66
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!! I just have to ask...... how fast have you been on the Autobahn ?? In any car. I have topped here in Indianapolis Indiana (home of the Indy 500), at 130mph, years ago in my 429 4bbl, Galixie 500. Been 110 mph on a motorcycle. Haven't had my 05 GT very high, still doing break in. Plus, my speeds I shared were more than 15 years ago. Not much opportunity here anymore. Too crowded !!

Best of luck !!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Mustang_chick
1st Gear Member

hey welcome!!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:18 AM
MisterPink66

Autobahn question:

in the mustang a verified 121mp/h (was like riding a bullet -> the engine is much faster than the rest of the stang and would have gone faster ),
with the Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO3 a 153 mp/h and the fastest ever

was in a friends new Mercedes SL65AMG with no speed limit and it is GPS tested at 202 mp/h and we where as fast as this rocket possibly went... [&:]

I was SCARED !!!!! (was at 2am on a long 15 mile road, nearly straight with 3 lanes)

But I prefer small roads with nice corners and certainly the famous Nürburgring (the green hell) -> the nicest racetrack on earth !!!
(I happen to live 20 miles away from it and it is public open -> 147 corners, 14 miles long )

Greets

MisterPink66
Old 02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
MisterPink66

I´m amazed...

In germany you woundn´t find a girl posting in a mustang-related forum.

So, THANK YOU for the greetings!!!

MisterPink66
Old 02-11-2005, 11:08 AM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MisterPink66

Cologne (20km from Bonn -> former Capital of Germany before Berlin got this title) is in the middle-western part of Germany about 150km from the Dutch border.

Where have you been in Germany?

And is it possible to post some pictures of the stang without owning webspace?

MisterPink66
I have made 5 trips to Germany most of my touring/business has been in the south. To name a few cities I remember, Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, and Heidelburg. I have made one trip to the north for a week in Hamburg.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:47 PM
MisterPink66

Cool! I´ve been in the states for 5 times. I really do prefer your country!

In germany modifying cars his not that easy. If you would do the changes on your stang in germany like you did in the US you would get punished.

We have the TÜV around here. It´s an organisation by the state which checks and inspects your car every two years. And also the emissions.

If you would change something like the manifold or add a turbo / supercharger / etc. and these parts are not approved by them for exactly that car you loose your insurance and get a fee. Eventually you get a trial and loose your driving liscence. That is why these parts are so expensive in germany.
If you buy a BI-turbo kit for a VW Golf 4 for example (about 450 bhp) it is about 10.000-15.000$ !!! [:@]

And also the costs for driving got so expensive.
Fuel for example. If you buy 98 octane fuel it is about 1.15 Euros the liter. 4 liters are about a gallon which makes a price of 5.90$ a gallon !!! [:@]
And tax also. For the green Lancia for example it is about 450$ the year.
But if you would buy an american car of the ´80s with about 400cui it would cost about 4500$ a year (depending on a katalysator) !!!
Insurance has also been lifted. For the green Lancia the base insurance is about 2300$ a year. If you want the full coverage they take another 9000$ a year.
Just because it is a kind of racing car.

That is why the europeans prefer these small minor motorized (funless) cars....

And mustangs are not on the road either.

The last ´78-´04 mustang (!!!!) I remember to have seen two years ago (not on a meeting -> I mean in public traffic) !!!! [:'(]

Last thing: For the classic mustang ´64-´73 there is one club in germany : The First Mustang Club of Germany -> they have about 400 members ....

So, enough infos for the moment!

Greetings

MisterPink66

Quick Reply: Newbie to Mustangs from Germany / Europe