New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I am New here

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:56 PM
blacklightning07

Default I am New here

hello to all.
I am new here so please bare with me. I am a mustang enthusiast, and I am looking for help on getting a 1966 Mustang. it does not have to be in working condition and the body does not have to be "clean" I will take care of that. I am also looking for help with parts. my brother-inlaw and I are going to be re-building and restoring the mustang.
I have been into Mustangs (older) and I have been looking for a stang for a while.
my questions are:
where can I start looking for a beat up non-operational Mustang preferably a 1966?
where can I get parts for it? we are looking for a 302 or a 351 motor for her are there any shops online?
now wheels and tires, we are looking for customs on all ends and Tire Rack has the best deal so far. are there any sites that can assist or shops that can be of assistance?
we are also looking for exhaust side "J" pipes are what we are looking for any good shops on line?
I have many questions and I dont know where to begin on this project.
I know first I need the car, then I need the parts, and a big space to work in.
but I cant find a car thats the problem.

remember I am looking for a 1965-1966 or a 66 and a 1/2. I would prefer a 66 though I dont know where to start looking, and I dont want a convertable I want a hard top.
Oh and where can I get a body kit for it? my Brother I Law want her to look like well you know Elanore, so we have decided to do 2 stangs a 65 and a 66 thats why I am looking for either realy. They Dont Need To Be Running.
but please let me know
thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I am New here

Well, recommend you check with the folks in tha classics section....welcome.